HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one today and got some range time. It handles great. After some time in my carry holster, I may use it as my carry piece...but I love my compact 40 though......

I had a question about the ambi slide release. Is it normal for the right side of this handgun's release be a bit loose? There is just a tiny bit of jiggle on that side.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup, that is normal in my opinion. If you field strip the pistol then remove the right side release, you can place it on the left side shaft and feel the play. I think the O&M manual shows a pic on how to release the right side, it should be rotated up at a 45 degree angle prior to removal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Definately

I have had one for two years... Totally normal. Good buy. I prefer mine with the larger backstrap. It fits nice in the hk tactical cases too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P2000sk

Thanks for the replies. Was worried I had a defective part. I have been driving around all day with it and it is very comfortable in my holster. I was worried about giving up 3 rounds, since my compact 40 was 12+1, but I figured 9+1 is plenty if I had to use them all.

I may go back and forth between the two though. Now just need to find that USP compact 40 stainless and I'm back to carrying a compact!

·
Registered
381 Posts
If we were allowed to carry here in Illinois, I would probably carry the P2000 in .40 but my bug would be the P2000sk in .40 as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts