HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to HK. I've owned a few Sigs and just acquired my first HK -- USPc 9mm LEM. I'm thinking of my next -- either a P2000 SK or a G19. Any opinions (pros and cons)?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am a devout Glock fan. Owned them for years, love them and have had nothing less than perfection from the ones that I've owned.

That being said, now that I own the HK P30 I don't even load my Glock 19 into the range bag when I go to shoot now. The P30 simply has perfect ergonomics, is incredibly flat shooting, and silly-accurate. The reset on the trigger is similar to the travel on my Glock so I'm not missing out on anything.

The P2000SK is a great little pistol, but for me it was just a wee bit too small for my hands. For your next purchase I HIGHLY suggest looking ino the P30.

·
Registered
53 Posts
While glocks are very popular. I LIKE HK MUCH BETTER! I have a p2000sk and with the x grip with flate base plates you get 2 pistols in one! go with the p2000sk blocks&^%# I mean glocks are just ugly IMHO!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Why are there only subjective responses given in this thread? Can someone post an objective reply to this dead horse thread? Here, I'll help you get started....

The P30 is superior to the G19 for the following reason _________________.

Remeber, your reply should be objective so your opinion doesn't matter.

Although I love both pistols, overall, one has to be better than the other and for me it is the Glock. Parts cost/availability and servicability seal the deal for me.

For the record, this is really an apples and oranges comparison. The HK is a sbcompact and Glock is not. The Glock 26 would be a better choice for this thread.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The G19 is almost identical in size to your USP Compact.

The P2000SK is more comparable to the G26.

Though I like both, HK's offer more features and options, and are much more ergonomic than Glocks.

I like DA/SA and a traditional hammer/decocker, but even if I liked the LEM trigger, the HK additionally offers several grip panels to fit your hand better than the Glock.

I can tolerate a G-19 grip, but have owned two fullsize Glocks and sold them due to the horrific hump on the grip. The G-26 has such a short grip (even shorter than the P2KSK) that most of Gaston's hideous hump couldn't fit into the length, making it pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can someone post an objective reply to this dead horse thread?
I'll try...

Objective:

I own 2 G19's and have a few years of carry time on one of them. The P2000SK is simply smaller and easier to conceal for me in light clothing.

Subjective:

I really prefer carrying the LEM trigger over the Glock in a ready to fire configuration - I like it at the range, but was never comfortable with the G19 trigger for CCW.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would go with the P2000sk since you can use the larger USPc mags in it. Not to mention it is an HK.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
If you like the LEM on the USP, then get a P2000SK with LEM. Nothing better then consistency from one gun to another.

Glock 19 is a great gun too. Today I shot a 8" steel plate rested at 50ft. with the one loose remaining 9mm round we had. I only had the one shot, and it hit dead on! A good end to a day at the range. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
p2ksk v g19

the p2ksk is smaller, lighter, and gives the opion of 3 different triggers - DAO, LEM, SA/DA. it carries 9 in the mag for 357/40 and 10 for 9mm. it costs a lot more. has mag release and slide release on both sides. can use p2k/uspc mags with xgrip.

glock 19 is larger and heavier. it only has glock safe action trigger. no hammer so less of chance to snag when concealed. slide release and mag release only on one side. can use glock 17 mags. glock 19 holds 15 rounds 9mm. glock costs less.

·
Registered
347 Posts
P2000SK LEM 357 Sig - last week $646 NIB from local shop. If it is for carry, not just play, I wouldn't buy something just because it was less money?

I don't like the mag eject on Glocks, and overall, they seem sloppy, rather than precise. I do like the way some Glocks shoot.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Remeber, your reply should be objective so your opinion doesn't matter.
I beg to differ it is entirely a persons opinion on which is better. You will hear argeuments both ways and they are based on opinions. IE the P2ksK is smaller therefore easier to conceal. That is a opinion I have no problems concealing either one. Some would say the G19 is better because of ammo capacity again that is a opinion. Because some do not care for the mag capacity and are more worried about how a weapon feels in the hand.

Therefore it is up to you, and what you are looking for or your opinion as to which is better.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I believe Gordon Miller sells the Glock 19 for $359 & the P2000SK for $718.00 but as someone mentioned earlier CDNN possibly has the P2000 cheaper but I have not checked the price. Price wise you are looking at around a $300 difference between the guns new but you can allways find a good deal on a used gun if you are not in a hurry. Both of these guns are equal on reliability so you really need to hold & dry fire both of them to see which one fits your hand better but rember you will be comparing a mid size Glock with a subcompact HK so it is really not a fair comparison. Now if you are comparing the P2000sk with the Glock 26 then I would say the HK would be more comfortable than the Glock with more trigger options but I will tell you My subcompact Glock 27 has never jamed once even after I tried to shoot it limp wristed which says alot for a semiauto so small.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I believe Gordon Miller sells the Glock 19 for $359 & the P2000SK for $718.00 but as someone mentioned earlier CDNN possibly has the P2000 cheaper but I have not checked the price. Price wise you are looking at around a $300 difference between the guns new but you can allways find a good deal on a used gun if you are not in a hurry. Both of these guns are equal on reliability so you really need to hold & dry fire both of them to see which one fits your hand better but rember you will be comparing a mid size Glock with a subcompact HK so it is really not a fair comparison. Now if you are comparing the P2000sk with the Glock 26 then I would say the HK would be more comfortable than the Glock with more trigger options but I will tell you My subcompact Glock 27 has never jamed once even after I tried to shoot it limp wristed which says alot for a semiauto so small.
Thats a good point. To be fair, one really should compare a sub-compact to another not a sub-compact to a compact. With that being said, I like my Glock 26 too and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The only thing is you MUST get rid of the factory sights and get some better ones. But after doing that the G26 rocks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
My G26 with TFO's spends a lot of time with me and it is accurate and reliable. I shoot glocks a little better than my HK's in general, probably because of the lower bore axis.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know it's been said already, but you really cant compare these two guns. All your basically doing is asking for opinions on HK vs. Glock.

If you want a 9mm polymer compact compare the G19, P2K, USPc, P30, P99, P250, etc...

If you want a 9mm polymer sub-compact compare the G26, P2Ksk, PPS, etc...

The G19 and P2Ksk are too different to get anything more than the "HK is better cause it's HK" answers.

Pick a size, then compare..

On a different note, I really hope they pass CCW laws in WI cause I'm looking for an excuse to buy a P99c. That's another terrific gun you might want to look into as well. I traded a buddy of mine one of my P226's for his P99c for a few months, and I hated to have to give it back to him.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Had my P99 and P2000SK at the range today... same size... almost exactly same size. P99 20% lighter, but they should both be considered compact (or subcompact if you prefer.) Both are good shoot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts