HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a P2000sk 9mm V3 for cc. I am not a expert marksman by any means but I still do alright for myself at the range. Anyway, everytime I shoot from atleast 15-20 yards 'all' of my rounds are down and to the left of where I am aiming. Will this correct itself once this weapon is broken in? Please don't tell me that it's me because it ain't me, it's happening to everyone who shoots it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Note: If you point of impact is at the
6 o'clock position you are Breaking wrist down, Pushing Forward or Drooping Head
7 O'clock Jerking or Slapping Trigger
8 o'clock Tightening Fingers
9 o'clock Too little Trigger Finger
10 o'clock Pushing (anticipating Recoil) or No Follow Through

·
Registered
890 Posts
At 15 to 20 yds, with the short sight radius of the sk, even the slightest of anticipation or "flinch" could cause low left POI. Shorter distances are more forgiving, which may be why you only notice it when you get out past 10 yds. Just a thought.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The point of impact on any gun will be the direct line from the end of he barrel to impact. So if the impact is low left that is where you last had it pointed. Why you are getting the responses of what YOu are doing. The gun won't break in , you do.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for posting that chart, I had the same problem last week with my sk as well. Try shooting closer and then work your way further. Use a dummy round it you have one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was dropping shots with my sk when I had the small backstrap on it. Putting the big one on it fixed the problem for me.

·
Registered
818 Posts
When you cure your flinch Dallg (and I feel sure that you can), you'll find that the P2000 SK is a real tack driver.

I'm no Todd Jarrett but have found my 9mm SK to be amazingly accurate, especially for a pistol with a 3.26" barrel.

It's one of my favorite HK handguns. :wink:

Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wouldn't say you fixed it so much as masked it.
Gee can you really say that for certain. Not trying to defend the guy...more interested in the discussion point.

Suppose the gun fills his hand better with the large backstrap. Isn't it just as likely that having to much "hand" around the grip of his gun causes some involuntary muscle reactions that are in fact unnatural for that shooter and that getting a grip that better accommodated his hand size did away with those muscle reactions. I would think this is more likely an issue for things that are to small for your hand as opposed to things that are to large for your hand which could cause a whole host of other issues. Seems to me that to small could cause your hand to get cramped as there is no place for the extra meat as your body tries to complete the assigned task.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the numerous responses. I guess I'll have to work on my delivery some and just get used to this little gun. Like anything else..practice, practice, and practice some more.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
Also another important thing to point out. When you are using a sub compact or even a compact. The sight radius is much much smaller than a full size. So any variation in your fundamentals, and sight alignment/picture, will be greater due to the size of your sight radius.

So you have to be extra careful and precise shooting smaller guns. The gun is still accurate, you just have to work harder. So, I would consult the chart and then do your best to follow shooting fundamentals as best you can. Then you may see an overall improvement. You also when switching pistols you have to realize that they "hold" different on target, and the triggers are slightly different. Even if by a small margin, it will cause an error in your ability to shoot them accurately until you adjust.

So give that a shot, and see if it works out for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you all for the numerous responses. I guess I'll have to work on my delivery some and just get used to this little gun. Like anything else..practice, practice, and practice some more.
I had an identical problem with my HK45c. Here's what I did:

Buy some SnapCaps and put a penny at the end of the slide. Practice a clean trigger pull without dropping the penny.

Then, Ball&Dummy Drills at the range. It's taken my 8" groups from 6-9 o'clock to 4" groups slightly left of the 10-ring within weeks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also another important thing to point out. When you are using a sub compact or even a compact. The sight radius is much much smaller than a full size. So any variation in your fundamentals, and sight alignment/picture, will be greater due to the size of your sight radius.

So you have to be extra careful and precise shooting smaller guns. The gun is still accurate, you just have to work harder. So, I would consult the chart and then do your best to follow shooting fundamentals as best you can. Then you may see an overall improvement. You also when switching pistols you have to realize that they "hold" different on target, and the triggers are slightly different. Even if by a small margin, it will cause an error in your ability to shoot them accurately until you adjust.

So give that a shot, and see if it works out for you.
This is very sound advice!

How long have you had the sk? "recently purchased"...give it a few range trips! It's the Indian not the arrow!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Don't judge the P2000SK accuracy by the horrible 9 pound DA first shot or by that same trigger weight in standard LEM. Low left is very common because of the exertion needed to get this shot off. Use the SA accuracy as your criteria. No reason that should be anywhere off target if you're using decent trigger control.

Cure is Light LEM. Or a lot of practice with the "other trigger."

-- Chuck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts