HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an article today discussing how gun sales are down due to not having an anti-gun president in office. I saw the pic on the left and thought, that's a good looking gun. I blew the pic up a little and what do you know, an HK P2000SK. Enjoy!

·
Registered
704 Posts
My only HK currently, sadly. I guess it's not too sad though, I love the gun… carry it daily in V2 9mm. Excellent pistol, much prefer it to my first HK (P30SK V3)… I've also owned P30 V2, VP9, USPC SS .40. Prefer the P2000SK to all of them personally, overall it's a LOT of gun in a very small package. I actually prefer the small magazine release levers (less likely to accidentally engage), along with the shorter slide release levers. I do however now have the dreaded left hand slide release rattle now, but it's not too annoying or loud (yet). I'm seriously considering picking up it's big brother but I'm not sure it really gets me many advantages over the SK.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My only HK currently, sadly. I guess it's not too sad though, I love the gun… carry it daily in V2 9mm. Excellent pistol, much prefer it to my first HK (P30SK V3)… I've also owned P30 V2, VP9, USPC SS .40. Prefer the P2000SK to all of them personally, overall it's a LOT of gun in a very small package. I actually prefer the small magazine release levers (less likely to accidentally engage), along with the shorter slide release levers. I do however now have the dreaded left hand slide release rattle now, but it's not too annoying or loud (yet). I'm seriously considering picking up it's big brother but I'm not sure it really gets me many advantages over the SK.
I just removed the left side lever months ago and carry it every day with no problems at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When I first got my P2kSK, the right-side release rattled. As you can imagine, I was less than thrilled. But the forums all said it was common. Fine. I precisely cut a piece of Gorilla Tape and put it on the back side of the lever, then used a Sharpie to blacken the edges of the tape. Invisible fix, problem solved. Six months later, the tape was shifting a little, so I removed it. Now there's no rattle!

·
Registered
141 Posts
My P2000 in 9mm also rattles a little on the right side, but it doesn't bother me at all.....My new to me P2000 in 40 doesn't rattle at all, it is a BG (2016) build.
AS far as gun sales being down, I suspect that should national CCW become a reality, gun sales will spike again, especially for CCW variants.....but who knows, my crystal ball is in the shop until Friday. HIHI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts