HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the P2000SK, and will probably want both the 9mm and the .40. I've read on the forum the barrels are interchangeable on the P2000SK platform. So I plan to purchase an extra barrel in the .40 caliber.

The question I have is if I purchase a P2000SK 9mm, and have the .40 barrel installed, will there be markings that still say 9MM?

Or asked another way, are the 9MM and .40 markings only on the barrel? So when I swap the barrels, the barrel will have the only description of the caliber? Is there still a caliber marking on the pistol without the barrel?

Thanks,

Jake

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm considering the P2000SK, and will probably want both the 9mm and the .40. I've read on the forum the barrels are interchangeable on the P2000SK platform. So I plan to purchase an extra barrel in the .40 caliber.

The question I have is if I purchase a P2000SK 9mm, and have the .40 barrel installed, will there be markings that still say 9MM?

Or asked another way, are the 9MM and .40 markings only on the barrel? So when I swap the barrels, the barrel will have the only description of the caliber? Is there still a caliber marking on the pistol without the barrel?

Thanks,

Jake
The slides are marked with the caliber. Click on the small pictures:

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/p2000sk_general.asp

You have incorrect information. The barrels are not interchangeable, they're a different outside diameter, and the hole in the slide is a different diameter. Only the .40 S&W and .357 SIG barrels are interchangeable. You might be able to find a .40 to 9 conversion barrel, in which the outside diameter is the same as the .40 barrel but is chambered in 9mm. You can't go from 9 to .40 because of the breech face of the slide. A .40 S&W cartridge rim won't fit into the breech face of a 9mm slide. Also, the barrel walls would be too thin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts