HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the decocker option offered on the P2000sk was simular to the decocker device found on my S&W model 411 where a striker plate comes down to cover the firing pin acting as a "safety" ?? I like the HK's but do they come with a safety? Thanks in advance guys, great site!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
No. De-cocker in V3 P2000SK de-coks hammer so it rest on hammer catch. You have also firing pin safety to guard you. First shot is DA, consecutive ones are SA.

You can also opt for LEM trigger, with no manual safeties, but with 3 automatic safeties built in. This is my choice for my CCWs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
safety's on P2000sk

No. De-cocker in V3 P2000SK de-coks hammer so it rest on hammer catch. You have also firing pin safety to guard you. First shot is DA, consecutive ones are SA.

You can also opt for LEM trigger, with no manual safeties, but with 3 automatic safeties built in. This is my choice for my CCWs.
Thanks for the reply, not trying to be dumb..LOL but can you explain how the safety's work on the P2000Sk. I assume on the V3, the double action "heavy pull" of the trigger is considered the "safety"? If I am not correct, please explain. Also, how and what are the three safetys in the LEM design? Thanks in advance for your information.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Yes. Basically in bouth V3 and LEM safety works that without deliberatelly pulling the trigger over long way it will not shoot. But it's basically not trigger weight taht gives safety, it's long trigger travel for first shot. Trigger travel for LEM is exactly same as for first shot on SA/DA V3, except it has same trigger pull weight for all shots (from 5lb to 8lb in different versions), while for V3 first pull is some 13lb for first shot and 5lb for following shots. Trigger reset is same in bouth cases (you don't need to let LEM fully forward to reses, like in Para LDA for example). Best way to understand LEM is to see and try it in action.

In bouth cases any accidental discharges are prevented by hammer stop and firing pin stop. Bouth are deactivated by pulling the trigger in it's last phase of travel. So you can chamber round and de-cock (for V3, no need for LEM) and throw away your P2000SK all over a place and it will not go bang. But put finger on the trigger and squeze it for long and deliberate pull and it will go bang. I know that people in US are somehow mentally fixed with 1911 "cock and lock" or "DA plus 1 milion manual safietes" ideas, but here in Europe we don't have problems with that. Take note, that P2000, P2000SK and P30 with LEM are weapon of choice for German and Norwegian Police as well as German Border Guard. Also LEM trigger is choosed by US Department of Homeland Security for cotracted P2000 and USP Compact guns. And all those organisations are sensitive on safety of every day carry.

Basically it's easy: finger outside trigger guard - SAFE; finger inside trigger guard NOT SAFE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts