HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've got it in my head that a fiber optic front sight would help a great deal with fast target acquisition and possibly accuracy. One of my local instructors swears by Hi Viz (also a local company), but they don't seem to get that good of reviews in terms of brightness indoors compared to other brands. TFO's would be perfect, but short of getting one custom fit, I don't see that as an option.

Anyone have any experience with Dawson Precision's optics sights? Specifically for the P2000sk? Their site says that they fit all of the P-series HK pistols and list a few different heights/widths. Would they work? What is the factory sight height (my SK came with Mepros)?

DP Black Serrated Front Sights for HK Perfect Impact® Sights Detail Page

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: I've been playing around with painting my front sight in a bright orange/red. Laugh if you like, but I found it helps immensely in locating the front sight when coming up from a draw. The problem is that on a Tritium front sight, there is only a tiny rim of metal around the glass vial, and it's impossible to paint accurately.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a set of hi-viv green front red rear on a p30 and a Dawson red front on a 1911. I would say the Dawson may be a bit brighter but the larger hi-viz easily make up for it. The hi-viz moved point of aim up ever so slightly ala pumpkin on a post which is fine aside from being odd on an HK. My gunsmith did say the front sight required quite a bit of fitting. Ymmv.

-424D57

·
Registered
165 Posts
Be aware the FO sights can sometimes reduce your sight radius. On my SK I don't want any shorter sight radius!

I painted my sights. Hi-vis yellow front and hi-vis orange rear. I like!

-john

·
Registered
865 Posts
Quick question and that is this are you using this pistol for defensive purposes, if so you might want to change it out for a "Stronger Set Up" such as Heinie, Meps or Trijicon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts