HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I handled a P2000sk yesterday at a dealer. I liked it but there was very little room left by the finger extension on the magazine.

1) why was it designed like this to give very little room on the grip for long hands but medium width? My three fingers felt squished while gripping the gun.

2) are there aftermarket mag extenders that allow a more natural pinkie extension?

·
Banned
16 Posts
I threw all of mine away and went flat. I can shoot it better with out the extensions. They fit my wife's small hands great but not mine. They must have small hands in Germany. As far as aftermarket the only thing I've heard of is people modifing Glock Pearce extensions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
2) are there aftermarket mag extenders that allow a more natural pinkie extension?

HK Has a extension piece that slides onto the P2000 mag (uspc is the same mag) that lets you use the larger mag in the sk. They are $15 bucks from HK.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies

I knew about the x-grips and the extended mags, but HK really messed this one up.

All HK had to do was look at the mag plates from the SW99 compact, Beretta 9000s and the Glocks to figure it out that a short grip needs room for a third finger on the extension. The ones on the new M&P Compact are nice too.

I contacted Pearce Grips to see if they are considering making one.

I may just go flat and tuck the pinkie.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
or just go with P2000 full size (which is still a compact gun, instead of sub-compact like the sk). I chose the sk since I have small asian hands.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I knew about the x-grips and the extended mags, but HK really messed this one up.

All HK had to do was look at the mag plates from the SW99 compact, Beretta 9000s and the Glocks to figure it out that a short grip needs room for a third finger on the extension. The ones on the new M&P Compact are nice too.

I contacted Pearce Grips to see if they are considering making one.

I may just go flat and tuck the pinkie.
HK didn't mess anything up. It's supposed to be that small, for concealment purposes. Thats why its called a sub-compact.

I personally don't like that small of a gun either. The feel is all wrong for me, thats why I went with the P2000 (full size). Much more room. Try it out, I'll bet you'll like it more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Concealment

Thanks for your replies.

To LaRue: I am comparing the p2000sk to my current off-duty carry gun, a SW99 Compact. They are very similar in size. The only part HK goofed up was the mag extender. Instead of allowing for more linear grip space, it angles forward which makes an extender defeat the purpose of itself. The SW99 Compact has a very effective mag extender that allows for all three fingers on front of the grip while still allowing it to be concealable. Hold a new M&P compact with the grip extender and you will see that they are about the same overall length, but there is a bit more room for your fingers instead of that forward-pointing extension on the HK.

I want the P2000sk because I carry a USP .45f LEM on patrol in a night drunk driver unit with my agency. I want the same trigger and manner of operation in a subcompact pistol for off duty and court. I carry IWB and am 6'1" 200 pounds with 44" chest and 34" waist. I want the SK because I typically wear shorts and untucked T-shirt IWB in a Fist-Inc. ultra thin kydex holster.

A slight re-tool by HK on a small part would open up the p2000sk to a bigger market of people with larger-than-average hands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I held a P2000sk at a local gun range the other day b/c I am considering either the p2000 or sk in .40 for my CCW while wearing a suit at the office. I don't have huge hands but the sk just felt too small. Now that I've heard about the X-grips with the bigger mags I was wondering what the difference is in size, comfort and concealabilty between the p2000 and sk with the x-grip and extended mag on. I think I would prefer the sk so that I have the option of taking off the x-grip if I want to carry with just a t-shirt when not at work. Can anyone compare the two for me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, thanks yachky, I've seen them online like that...I was more wondering if someone who has actually used them with an sk and also held/shot a regular p2000 could possibly compare and contrast the two. I want to know how the sk with x-grips is compared to the regular p2000 in terms of size, comfort, concealability, and shootability. Anyone got any info for me? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts