HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market between now and the spring to get something small to carry during the next summer (hey I like to think ahead)
I went to Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk, and held the P2000sk. The first thing I noticed is that the groves seem to only accomodate two fingers, the middle and ring finger, while the pinky has to "find somewhere to go".

My question is, are you guys able to grip the handle with your last 3 digits or do you wrap your pinky underneath the bottom, effectively holding the weapon on the handle with only 2 fingers. Just didn't seem safe to me, and I was wondering if I was being paranoid about the situation.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have very big hands and I am able to get all three fingers around the grip. It makes for a very tight fit but I do it. I kinda like the tight fit I think I have better control with it for quick follow up shots.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did the magazine have a flat bottom or a pinkie extension protruding out the front? I can get all my fingers on the grip of my P2Ksk using the pinkie extension magazine. Granted there is not a lot of extra room and I'm not a big guy, but the gun works great for me with the pinkie extension mags. With the flat bottom magazine my pinkie would be half on/half off which I find very annoying. I do not like it when the recoil knocks my pinkie off the grip.

I don't think there is any way around the fact that you are looking at a compact gun. It is one of the prices to pay for going smaller and more easy to conceal. I think the baby Blocks are hardest to hold. Some Kahr's really leave your pinkie hanging. My S&W M&Pc was similar in size to the P2Ksk. All my fingers stay on with the pinkie extension and half on/off with the flat bottom mag.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I carry my SK with a flat bottomed 10rd mag. I curl the pinky under. No problems with control shooting DoubleTap 124gr 9mm +P. YMMV.

-john

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have size XXL hands and I just let my pinky hang, like I am having tea with the queen. I really doin't have any issue with holding the P2000SK in 40 S&W with the lem that way. It shoots fine.

I honestly think that it's all in the mind, most of the strength of your grip is in the first three fingers of your hand and thumb.

It's kinda like this, if you can do a chin-up with just your three fingers and thumb you should be able to hold this weapon and get good placement of your follow up shots. TJ

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a Glock 26 before my P2000sk so I was already used to it. If you can actually shoot one at a range you will see how in theory vs in reality its not an issue.

One thing I did find made a slightly positive difference was using the larger back strap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never shot like tihs, so I was concerned about it. I thought it was an unsafe practive of some sort, or maybe just not a wise method of shooting.

I hate comparing the two, but I HAVE held a Walther P99c and it fit gloriously. Perfect fit for all fingers. I'd prefer the P2000sk (naturally) but the Walther did strike me as a good fit.

I'll see in the upcoming weeks which one I'll end up buying.

Thanks you guys. I appreciate yah time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a Glock 26 before my P2000sk so I was already used to it. If you can actually shoot one at a range you will see how in theory vs in reality its not an issue.

One thing I did find made a slightly positive difference was using the larger back strap.
+1

My pinkie hangs...tea with the queen style. lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found the pinky extension floorplates annoying at first, but have grown used to them.

I use a flat bottomed mag as well, and let my pinky land where it will, sometimes on the grip, sometimes under it. It really doesn't bother me unless I start thinking hard "I've got my pinky on the grip, but it will slip under if I fire and don't hold on too tight". If I don't think this, and just shoot it, I have no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts