HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. So I converted all three of my USP Compacts to the LEM using the CDNN kits. I really like the LEM, and Sold my USP .40 and took out the LEM parts to keep on hand to install in the gun that replaced it, a P2000 SK. You know what I'm going to say, right? The parts didn't fit. Turns out, the LEM kits sold by CDNN are for USP's only (maybe P2000's too, dunno). Anyway, short of finding the spare parts for sale by a private seller (unlikely I'm guessin), is there anywhere I can buy the LEM parts comlete so I can avoid sending in my new pistol to HK? (My brother has a gnarly set of tools--we can fix it!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
O.k. So I converted all three of my USP Compacts to the LEM using the CDNN kits. I really like the LEM, and Sold my USP .40 and took out the LEM parts to keep on hand to install in the gun that replaced it, a P2000 SK. You know what I'm going to say, right? The parts didn't fit. Turns out, the LEM kits sold by CDNN are for USP's only (maybe P2000's too, dunno). Anyway, short of finding the spare parts for sale by a private seller (unlikely I'm guessin), is there anywhere I can buy the LEM parts comlete so I can avoid sending in my new pistol to HK? (My brother has a gnarly set of tools--we can fix it!)
If you decide to sell the LEM parts for the USP I would like a shot at them.

My guess would be to send it to HK, I dont think anyone else is selling them.

g10

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Man, you should have read more posts. The P2000 and SK V3 cannot be converted to LEM. This has been mentioned more than a few times here and on HK-USA forums.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
No, they will not convert either the LEM versions (1,2,4,5) to V3 nor will they convert the V3 to any LEM version. If you go to HK-USA forums they state this several times because it seems to come up fairly often.
It has some to do with the huge slot left in the back of the frame when converting the V3 to LEM (doing away with the decocker) and having to cut a slot in the frame if going the other way. As you found out, there must also be some other than cosmetic differences that keep the V3 being switched over the LEM or the parts would have gone in just like they do in the USP and USPC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, I see what you are saying with the extra space that the V3 decocking "button" needs. The differences in the hammer/cocking piece and hammer axle were the differences obviouse to me when I tried to swap out my LEM parts into the SK. I just figured there was a different set of these parts for the P series. Thanks for the feedback, I think my dealer will take it back as I haven't fired it yet, they have done it before. Thanks again!

P.S. For the record, I have searched pretty extensively on the HK-USA websit forums and have yet to find this issue addressed.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
If you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to have LEM in P2000 V3 or P2000SK V3 or P30 V3 do this (will void warranty!!):

1. Buy 3 spare parts from LEM version (preferably from european V0, but US will do): hammer (european will be spurred like in V3, US will be flush), striker, hammer return spring (this you can keep from USP conversion kit).
2. Remove V3 hammer
3. Replace it with hammer-striker-spring combo
4. Voila!! You have LEM with semi V0 configuration.

The button on the back will remain (so no gap in frame on side of hammer). Button will enable you to "unload" cocked LEM (or go to full DA first shot) without firing on empty chamber or easing hammer down by finger. Using "euro V0" hammer enables you to manualy "cock" LEM, that was once "de-coked" by use of the button. If you will use US hammer, then only way to go to "full LEM" is either racking the slide or shooting DA first shot.

This is exactly how I converted my own P30 V3 (they came only in V3 for civilians) into V0 LEM (in fact I used parts from my P2000 V0, then converted P2000 into V3 and sold it).

BTW If you will use US hammer and really don't like having button, while don't want to have big gap, just use US LEM sear and fill the gap by gluing (fitted to end of the gap and frame contour) piece of black plastic.

BTW2 Leaving gap open doesn't allow much more debris to enter action as it already can enter on right side of the hammer, as well as under button itself on the left side. This gap is more aestetics, than anything else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
bump

where can I purchase striker, hammer return spring, US flush hammer and an LEM sear?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
hmmmm that's pretty interesting. This will give you the "light" LEM pull correct? Since the TRS and FPB springs remain?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Yes. My P30 trigger is now some 4.5lbs, after conversion to V0 LEM.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hmmm might have to try this out. Last night I took the FPB spring out of V1 LEM P2000 I had and put it into my V3 P30. They were different as was stated in BigBore's LEM conversion post. Once it was in the P30 it felt like it had a slightly lighter pull and crisper break, apparently H&K is using the LEM fpb in all their new weapons.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone Tried this V3 LEM Mod Yet?

Has any one tried this yet?

If you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to have LEM in P2000 V3 or P2000SK V3 or P30 V3 do this (will void warranty!!):

1. Buy 3 spare parts from LEM version (preferably from european V0, but US will do): hammer (european will be spurred like in V3, US will be flush), striker, hammer return spring (this you can keep from USP conversion kit).
2. Remove V3 hammer
3. Replace it with hammer-striker-spring combo
4. Voila!! You have LEM with semi V0 configuration.

The button on the back will remain (so no gap in frame on side of hammer). Button will enable you to "unload" cocked LEM (or go to full DA first shot) without firing on empty chamber or easing hammer down by finger. Using "euro V0" hammer enables you to manualy "cock" LEM, that was once "de-coked" by use of the button. If you will use US hammer, then only way to go to "full LEM" is either racking the slide or shooting DA first shot.

This is exactly how I converted my own P30 V3 (they came only in V3 for civilians) into V0 LEM (in fact I used parts from my P2000 V0, then converted P2000 into V3 and sold it).

BTW If you will use US hammer and really don't like having button, while don't want to have big gap, just use US LEM sear and fill the gap by gluing (fitted to end of the gap and frame contour) piece of black plastic.

BTW2 Leaving gap open doesn't allow much more debris to enter action as it already can enter on right side of the hammer, as well as under button itself on the left side. This gap is more aestetics, than anything else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I tihink so Too. I just would like to hear if anyone ever tried to do it yet and how it went! I would love to try it myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If someone could post feedback on this setup it would be most appreciated. I'm really torn between doing the LEM conversion and keeping the long trigger reset or sending the P30 to Bill Springfield for his modifications shown in this post and keeping the DA/SA. Input would be really appreciated.

BTW, I have a USP9SD and a USPc both with the light LEM.

Thanks,

·
Registered
383 Posts
I converted my p30 v3 to LEM (took the parts from a P2000) and been shooting it for a few months now. As far as the decocker button is concerned - I just pretend it's not there. hardly ever notice it.
I did use P2000 TRS as well to make for a faster trigger reset (the "light" set-up was just too sluggish for me). there are no problems of any kind and I can always go back to DA/SA if I want to.
I am now waiting for the last pat to be available at HK (the LEM hammer) to be able to return the P2000 to its original v2 configuration and sell it.
I got the cocking piece and the cocking piece spring (have one extra spring I'd be willing to sell) from HK and have had the hammer on back-order for few months now.

I tihink so Too. I just would like to hear if anyone ever tried to do it yet and how it went! I would love to try it myself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts