HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Just dropping by to ask a question, ive searched the board but couldnt find a concrete answer....

I have a P2000sk V3 which is great but extremely heavy (bought it pretty much cause of the decocker)...my question concerns the LEM conversion available at cdnn. Can I use that kit to convert my v3 to an lem??

I guess a natural secondary question would be...is there any way to lighten up the pull on the v3??

Please advise (and no I cant go out and buy a second one :) )

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes...you can drop it in. But getting it is the hard part right now. I believe they (& Hk) are outta stock. Which is not good since Hk is not like Walmart where if it's outta stock today, it'll be in stock by tommorrow AM.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Conversion

If the V3 is DA/SA, do not believe the P2000SK can be converted to LEM. Only the USP and USPC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It can be switched

"You can convert V3 to LEM or LEM with de-cocker (aka "V0") by exchange of some parts. However you can't easily convert LEM into V3, becouse V3 (and V0) have space for de-cocker button." Montrala

For doing this you need LEM hammer + striker combo (2 parts). You can get it from OPS. USPc parts most probably don't work. Montrala

The P2000 V3 SA/DA with a decocker can be convert to LEM. You will have the original version of the P2000SK V0 that was available in Europe. It will become a 5lbs DAO with a decocker. There were also a few people who did this exact switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
everyone,

Thanks for your input. I am definitely interested in a V0, do you know if anyone who has done the conversion has written down some instructions, or taken some pics??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is an old thread but did u ever convert from DA/SA to LEM on your HK P2000sk?
I never actually got around to making the switch. I was under the impression that it was a fairly simple conversion. After receiving the LEM kit and tracking down a post that had a detailed description of the conversion I decided against making the switch.

I don't remember who posted the instructions, but I suspect it can still be found on here. I would start with looking for posts by Montrala quoted by compassman a couple of posts before mine.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
While it CAN be switched to LEM, HK will not do it nor do they advise doing it. They have said on THEIR web site several times that the geometry of the parts are not the same between the LEM and the V3 and while it may seemingly work, there is a potential safety issue which is why HK will not do the conversion. Do it if you want but if you have a problem such as an AD or breakage of something, HK is not going to stand behind the product. And there is always the issue of if the pistol is used in a shooting, you have a pistol modified in a non-standard configuration that the factory does not condone nor authorize, so you could find yourself in a bit of legal trouble if it is involved in a shooting whether or not the shooting was an AD, intentional, or accidental. You will be on your own.
As Ricky says, "LUCY! You have some 'splainin' to do!"

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe I read on this board that the P2000sk / LEM is sold in Europe with the de-cocking latch in place, meaning that
(in Europe) the same frame is used for both SA/DA and LEM. HK/USA's reasoning behind not recommending the conversion may have something to do with liability other than parts compatibility. Rather than speculate it would be good to get a current explanation/determination from someone at HK who could cross check with what's in the Euro HK line-up.

NOTE: Attched link is the HK Euro spec chart showing the V0 as having a hammer spur, de-cocking latch and the CDA/LEM trigger.

http://www.heckler-koch.com/HKWebText/detailPara/1925/125/4/21/233

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I believe I read on this board that the P2000sk / LEM is sold in Europe with the decocker in place, meaning that
(in Europe) the same frame is used for both SA/DA and LEM. HK/USA's reasoning behind not recommending the conversion may have something to do with liability other than parts compatibility. Rather than speculate it would be good to get a current explanation/determination from someone at HK who could cross check with what's in the Euro HK line-up.
I believe that you are thinking of the V0 which is LEM but retains the decocker and also has a spurred two piece hammer. I don't remember which European organization required it that way but I'm sure Montrala knows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts