HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P2000SK in .357 SIG came with two 9-shot mags with flat floorplates. I would like to get a few USP Compact 12-shot mags for it as well as extended floorplates for the 9-shot mags. I have been having trouble finding USP Compact mags in .357 SIG that are actually in-stock. My first question is: even if it is only labeled as one, are the .357 SIG and .40 S&W mags the same? They certainly should be, since they are for just about every other manufacturer. If not, then does anyone know of any places that actually have USP Compact 12-shot mags in .357 SIG available right now? Also, regardless of what websites that sell them claim, are the P2000SK,P2000 and USP Compact floorplates different? Are the floorplates different for different calibers of the same model; because the flat floorplates on my .357 SIG mags say ".40/9mm". I ask all of these questions just to know what I can and can't use with my gun and the mags that I already have, since websites usually specify only a certain caliber; but I have reason to believe that some mags and floorplates are interchangeable. Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I am pretty sure they are all the same, someone else chime in here if I am incorrect.

·
Banned
60 Posts
yeah,the sk and the compact floorplates are different. You can use the compact floorplates,but they don't line up quite right. I think there was a thread by a member here called "lunde" with pictures showing the newer style floorplates on an sk.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
CDNNinvestments.com still has the best mag prices.
I visited that site and they at least have everything listed in stock; but they didn't have a mag that actually specifically stated that it was a 12-shot USP compact in .357 SIG with extended floorplate. The only mention that I saw at all of .357 SIG was 9-shot SK mags that claimed to be .357/.40. That would make me think that the 12-shot .40 mag will fit my gun to; but I just want to be absolute certain before I order that they are the same size and that the mag well for the .40 and .357 models are the same size. My 9-shot mags have only .357 SIG stamped on them; but that site implies that they are also .40 mags. I know that they are interchangeable for most manufacturers, I just want to be 100%. As far as prices, I have seen other sites that had mags in stock for $34 for mags that are $40 there.

yeah,the sk and the compact floorplates are different. You can use the compact floorplates,but they don't line up quite right. I think there was a thread by a member here called "lunde" with pictures showing the newer style floorplates on an sk.
The SK floorplates that claim on the vendor's site to be only for a certain caliber should be good for all three though?...because I can't find any that claim to be for the .357 SIG 9-shot SK mag that are in-stock; but there are ones that claim to be for 40 S&W 9-shot. If the answer to my question about the mags above is that the mags are the same, then obviously the same floorplates would be the same; but from what I gather it looks like the floorplate is the same even for the 9mm, for the SK mags.

·
Registered
404 Posts
uspc and p2000 mags are the same size and can be used in the p2000sk however because they are longer then the p2000sk mags they will stick out of the bottom of the handle you will have to get the xgrip (i think its called) to fill in the space. the easiest thing is to buy 12 rnd p2000 mags in either 357 or 40 cal they are the same mags just the writing on the side is different. or buy more p2000sk mags. i stand corrected the best thing to do is call hk directly and they will send you the mags and floorplates that you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts