HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a P2000SK and although I love this gun, the enlarged magazine release on my P30 has spoiled me rotten. Does anyone know if they make larger magazine releases for the P2000SKs, much like the P30s?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, let me put it this way. The size of the magazine release wouldn't be a problem if the mag release's spring tension wasn't so heavy. Currently I have to shift my grip completely and use both my thumb and my index finger to pull down the release; if I don't pull down evenly on both sides it's 2x as hard. Does anyone know if you can lighten the tension on the magazine release with a different spring? Any advice would be great!

---------
I mentioned how I loved my P30's mag release earlier primarily because I can drop the mag without any struggle using any finger I please, due to the lighter tension and greater leverage. None of my friend's 12 HK pistols are this difficult to drop the mag with, so I don't think it could be me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think you should ask if anyone else has done the HK45 mag release conversion to their other pistols, like what the guy was saying at the show. I think the HK45 mag release would be to big for the SK frame but I'm no expert.

"None of my friend's 12 HK pistols are this difficult to drop the mag with, so I don't think it could be me."

Dude I only have 11 HK pistols and one is the P9s which has the mag release under the grip.:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, let me put it this way. The size of the magazine release wouldn't be a problem if the mag release's spring tension wasn't so heavy.
I've got 2 P2K SKs. One in 9mm and one in .40. The 9 was pretty tight when I got it, but has loosened up a bit with about 1500 rounds. The .40 didn't seem to be quite so strong out of the box, but it's still a stiff spring. It will break in, so don't give up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks Android. I had just found another forum posting that mentioned about the releases loosening up over time too.
:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing....."I wish my USPc and my P2000sk had the same smooth as butter extended mag release as my P30!"
Good to hear it loosens up!

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah i usually use my thumb and first finger to actuate it as well.

G

·
My P2000SK has yet to loosen up even with cycling the mag release over and over again. It is the only pistol that I have with this problem. Nice gun, but I wouldn't be able to reload on the fly in an emergency without calling a "Time Out!" (Not sure if that works in real life.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I too haven't been able to find any other way than using my middle finger and thumb. I'm forced to shift my hand but I can still do it one handed. I don't find it an inconvience really and I can do it quite quick. I should practice mag changes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts