HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow on question to my post re. purchasing a used P30sk or a new P2000sk. Is there any way to modify the standard capacity 10 round magazine on either pistol to accept more rounds WITHOUT adding an extended baseplate? Based on what I've seen, the follower looks like it has a significant extension pointing towards the base of the magazine that limits it's capacity to 10 rounds (on each pistol). I'm wondering if that can be trimmed down a bit to allow for an additional round? I know I know, there are potential feeding ramifications to modifying magazines - NOT looking for any lectures. I'm not interested in extended baseplates or higher capacity (regular) P2000 / P30 magazines, as I'd like to keep the profile as small as possible for CCW purposes.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Follow on question to my post re. purchasing a used P30sk or a new P2000sk. Is there any way to modify the standard capacity 10 round magazine on either pistol to accept more rounds WITHOUT adding an extended baseplate? Based on what I've seen, the follower looks like it has a significant extension pointing towards the base of the magazine that limits it's capacity to 10 rounds (on each pistol). I'm wondering if that can be trimmed down a bit to allow for an additional round? I know I know, there are potential feeding ramifications to modifying magazines - NOT looking for any lectures. I'm not interested in extended baseplates or higher capacity (regular) P2000 / P30 magazines, as I'd like to keep the profile as small as possible for CCW purposes.
Thanks in advance.
some people have reported that they have trimmed the follower and were able to fit 1 more round
i tried it until the follower was almost flat on the bottom (bought a spare in case it didn't work) and was never able to get another round in

·
Registered
688 Posts
How do you know how much to alter one component before it negatively effects another component? How much do you trim the follower before the magazine spring is binding, resulting in a shorter life span? I'll bet HK considered the very same thing but decided it wasn't worth it.

·
Priest of the P7
5,319 Posts
How do you know how much to alter one component before it negatively effects another component? How much do you trim the follower before the magazine spring is binding, resulting in a shorter life span? I'll bet HK considered the very same thing but decided it wasn't worth it.
This. Potentially compromising the reliability of a carry gun for an extra round is silly. There's my PSA for the day.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It is a well known fact that HK mags hold less rounds than competing brand's mags do. HK does this for optimum reliability. I would hesitate modifying something that already works so well.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
It is a well known fact that HK mags hold less rounds than competing brand's mags do. HK does this for optimum reliability. I would hesitate modifying something that already works so well.
That would segway nicely into a "No Compromise".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I mentioned in my original post - NOT looking for any lectures. If I buy a P2000sk or P30sk and I modify the magazine to fit one more round - that's my business. If I find that it's unreliable, I'll simply replace the follower so it's back to stock - simple enough. If it functions reliably for 500 rounds (my standard break-in period), I'm calling it good. It seems to me that HK over engineered their magazines when you compare them to other manufacturer's magazine capacities - that are 100% reliable as well (I don't think I need to mention any names). Not a knock against HK, just a statement of fact.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Don't forgot about the potential legal ramifications of using a non-manufacturer approved home modification, if you use the pistol in a self defense situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts