HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a new P2000sk and ordered the aluminum +2 pinky extender from HK Parts. It's very well made but I simply cannot get that thing on the mag. They didn't include a hex with the package but I had one that fit to sink the set screw- but the back end of that extension sticks out to make it impossible to depress the mag plate enough to slide the extension on. Anyone have one of these and can offer advice? I've put on hundreds of various floorplates and have NEVER had anything like this happen. Can't believe I'm the only idiot with this issue?? Here is a pic. That back side part of the base doesn't allow you to simply hold down the plate & spring with your thumb.

Pinky.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Hoghunter, I just installed the plain pinky extension on my P30sk, not the one with the hex nuts. Went on with no problems, did you watch this?

I'm sure it's something simple.

Steve

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hoghunter, I just installed the plain pinky extension on my P30sk, not the one with the hex nuts. Went on with no problems, did you watch this?

I'm sure it's something simple.

Steve
Yes I did. The one for the P2000sk has a lip that comes way out of the back of the extension that prevents you from holding down the mag plate / spring & simply sliding the extension over the mag body along the rails. Here is a pic. It's a lot different than the P30sk pinky rest.

Pinky.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahh..yes, that's quite a bit different. Must be some kind of trick to get it on there - I'd contact HK Parts, I bet they will hook you up.

Steve

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh..yes, that's quite a bit different. Must be some kind of trick to get it on there - I'd contact HK Parts, I bet they will hook you up.

Steve
I tried calling HK Parts several times with no success in getting in touch with anyone. Maybe tomorrow they will call me back. Gotta be some simple trick to this unless the one I got is cut wrong or something??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought that same plate from them and had A similar problem. On mine, they did not bore the holes deep enough for the Allen set screws to countersink low enough to clear the tabs on the mag. I tried to use a little force thinking I could slide it on with the top of the Allen screw sliding on the bottom of the tab. I finally got it on far enough, but it won't take two extra rounds, only one extra. Now I can't get it back off. I also bought one of these for my P30sk and it fit perfectly. It was very easy to put on. If your problem is similar, you might could try a shorter Allen set screw. I could slide mine on easily with the screws removed, but put the screws in and it binds.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Try calling HKParts again but choose the Phone Order option (1). Don't choose the Customer Service option.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wanted to close the loop on this. The item just didn't work out for me- it happens. Ashley at HK Parts was awesome. Turns out the communication issue was all my fault- I entered an incorrect email address on my order (put .NEG at the end of my email versus .NET). I've sent the item back and already placed another order through HK Parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts