HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to shoot my P2000SK in .40 and put in about 100 rounds. However, I seem to be shooting high while placing my sights at six o'clock. I shot the Winchester 180 grain ammo. Does anyone know if I can get a new lower front sight? Currently, I have night sights on the pistol. I checked HKparts webiste but didn't see anything about lower front sights. TIA

·
Registered
410 Posts
there seems to be few sight options for the SK. no heinies for it. my P2000SK in 9mm behaves the same way, shooting high, and a tad left. i ordered mepros and i'm yet to see the results. same sights for P2000 and SK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have somebody else shoot it.

Seems like you are heeling the gun or overlooking the sights (checking hits while shooting).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use sight picture #3 for my P2000SK. But I prefer sight picture #2 and I am also looking for a lower front sight.

If you were shooting high when holding at 6 o'clock then you may want to use a higher front sight.

Sent from IPhone

·
Registered
410 Posts
i'm pretty sure it's not me. i shoot sub 2" 6 shot groups with my USP @ 25yds on command. Ive shot a 1.1" 10 shot group standing from 25yds on more than one good day. Even with the SK the shots were making 1 ragged hole @ 15. just really high and a little left. i don't know what's with me, but i've never owned/shot a perfect POA-POI fixed sighted pistol in my life. my PPK shoots 6" high and everybody else who shot it has same results. Bad luck? or are fixed sights really a hit or miss thing? I'm OC with sights.. was expecting better for a gun priced like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try different ammo and let a friend at work try it as well. Otherwise, I'll have to use old "Kentucky Windage" when shooting the P2000SK. I do shoot very nice groups with it, just a bit high. I had the same problem with my Glock 22. I had to get a lower rear sight and now shoots perfect. Just couldn't find any sights for the P2000SK to help adjust. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I use sight picture #3 for my P2000SK. But I prefer sight picture #2 and I am also looking for a lower front sight.

If you were shooting high when holding at 6 o'clock then you may want to use a higher front sight.

Sent from IPhone
THIS^

A taller front sight will lower your POI and a shorter front sight will raise your POI.

HK sells different height front sights, both tritium and white-dot, to accomodate whichever sight-picture you prefer on many of their pistols. Like tbc2, I prefer sight image #2 above, and I change my front-sights on all my HKs to accomodate this preference. Unfortunately, the P2000SK only shows one front sight listed for it, but you can always call HK to see if there are taller and/or shorter ones available.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Sent from IPhone
I use sight image between #1 and #2 for me P2000sk from 15 to 20 yard, right-on, no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts