HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed while detailing my P2000SK the right side slid stop lever doesn't fit in the cut out or indentation in the frame. It sits down towards the grip more. There is a hole in the frame were the right side slide lock is and it's completely visible. I have been looking at pictures and noticed some P2000SK's the slide lock is nice and level and the hole is not visible and on some it looks like mine. Even with a empty magazine half the hole is visible. I looked at HK's website and the P2000SK they have a picture of the slide lock is nice and level and in the cut out on the frame and no hole visible. I looked at old pictures of my pistol and it's always been like this. The question is why are some nice and level and sit perfect in the frame indentation and some sit down ward more? I am interested to know how many p2000SK owners have there slide lock lever sitting low on the frame and how many are even coving the hole on the frame? I would do it with a full magazine as a empty magazine the follower will push up the slide lock.

Here is exactly what my pistol looks like Notice how low the slide lever sits. This picture is of Lundes P2000SK:

I have also noticed that some P2000SK the slide lock is nice and level and covers the whole:

Both these pictures come from Lunde and the represent exactly what I am trying to show. I have been looking at pictures of P2000SK's on line and some P2000SK's look like the above and some look like the below picture.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
19 Posts
slide stop/release

Funny that you ask since I posted just about the same question last week. I just bought my sk 40 cal last Saturday. I did the same things you did and almost freaked out. Completely normal according to others. Check out this link:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72649

Those two slide stops/releases are different no? One looks more slim without the "stepped" profile. I think they sell it from H&K (sold out now) but I could be wrong....

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are different slide stops, but regardless I see a difference with regular slide stops on both sides. I want to know why some are perfectly were there suppose to be and some hang low? This is the second problem I have discovered. The first is the rail doesn't fit the tactical light nearly as snug as my G19. The X2L doesn’t move or shift on my G19, but on the P2000SK it slides back and forth and has a little play side to side. I posted this a while back and got jumped on. I spent a lot of money on the P2000SK and the frame rails do not fit the tactical light nearly as solid as a G19 and the slide stop wiggles and sags at nearly double the price. The slide release sags below were the indentation were it’s suppose to be and it wiggles. I spent four hundred on a Glock that every tactical light I put on is rock solid and nothing wiggles and the slide stop is exactly were it’s suppose to be. If you spend a lot of money on a gun you expect it look not only work perfect, but to look perfect. Why as HK owners are we ok with this?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My new P2000sk is the same way that you describe. I had one a while back and it wasn't like this. My P2000, HK45, and all of the others that use the exact same slide stops are not like this either. It appears that one batch of slide stops must have been different for some reason, if you take a good slide stop and set it next to a "sloppy" one you will see that they are at slightly different angles, as if it is bent upwards, so it sits low when installed. Doesn't effect the functionality at all, but it does rattle, and I don't like that part at all. Good thing is that all of these parts are interchangable with all of the new style guns (except for the P30) and you can order a different one/replacement from HK CS. Maybe they will replace the bad batch for free, I don't know, someone will have to ask them about it. I for one, am going to replace my P2000sk's week slide stop levers with the new "slim" ones anyway, so it is a non issue for me...

Hope that helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very interesting to know there is a difference in slide stops. I hate the rattle and the way it sits on the gun. Now that I noticed it, it's driving me nuts. I would love to have a slim line set of slide release. I have a hate and love relationship with this pistol. It seems if I can lighten up the DA trigger and replace the slide stops out for slim line it would be near perfect. I have to work on the rail problem next.

Are they going to import and sell the slim line releaes? I want a set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is a little loose but it doesn't bother me. I'll get the slim versions once they are available again. Don't know when though....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts