HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas. Just got my P2000SK 9mm and I love it. Just wondering and sorry if this has been covered but I am not crazy about the bottom of the mag. I have small hands and my pinkie has a hard time finding a home. The mag curls out and interfears with my shooting hand pinkie. Do they make a replacement bottom for it that does not curl out?

Also I keep reading about extended mag release. Can someone post a picture of what a standard and extended mag release looks like on the pistol? Thanks all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a SK and I bought a flat base plate. It's more comfortable to carry and to shoot. I am going to get the X-grip and a extended mag real soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The mag release is the HK45c release. It is out of stock at HKParts.net. It is possible to set an alert so you'll know when they are available. Tutorials here on HKPro in a couple of places...easy to install.

Here's the flat mag base: P2000SK Floor plate - HKPARTS.NET

A couple pics of the extended mag release on the sk, and the flat mag bases.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you fellas. Great pictures!!! Just what I was looking for. Both questions answered.

As for the "2 second serch comment" I did not know they were called that. Sorry. No HK expert here but I love them and have money.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yep - I ordered flat floor plates for the short mags before I even had the pistol in my possession - makes a big difference for me.

And I found an extended release that will be going on it shortly. With those two mods, the SK is a heckuva carry gun.

I suspect you'll enjoy yours for a long time. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
A review I wrote a few months ago. Includes pictures of gun with normal baseplate, flat baseplate, and both mag releases.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/160656-p2000sk-review.html

I don't really understand the idea behind the normal baseplate on a gun this short. Unless you have very small hands, you can't fit all three there, and then the baseplate interferes like you describe. On the bigger guns I get it but still prefer flat.

The mag release is a required upgrade, they should come from the factory with it. I did the shrink tube "fix" on the right side slide release, and put on Trijicon night sights. Shot IDPA with it last night, impressed myself with how intuitively I shot the LEM and how quick my reloads were. Definitely my favorite gun and goes with me everywhere. Got an 8 hour training class this Sunday, can't wait!

·
Registered
332 Posts
i'm right there with y'all. got the sk, hated the ext mag baseplate, switched it out for the flat baseplate, added the hk45c mag release, a hogue handall grip, and some XS big dots and its now one of my go to guns for the range and is my primary ccw. if i could do it over, i'd have gotten heine's or mepro's for it instead, but the XS are fine once you get used to them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A review I wrote a few months ago. Includes pictures of gun with normal baseplate, flat baseplate, and both mag releases.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/160656-p2000sk-review.html

I don't really understand the idea behind the normal baseplate on a gun this short. Unless you have very small hands, you can't fit all three there, and then the baseplate interferes like you describe. On the bigger guns I get it but still prefer flat.

The mag release is a required upgrade, they should come from the factory with it. I did the shrink tube "fix" on the right side slide release, and put on Trijicon night sights. Shot IDPA with it last night, impressed myself with how intuitively I shot the LEM and how quick my reloads were. Definitely my favorite gun and goes with me everywhere. Got an 8 hour training class this Sunday, can't wait!
Thanks man. Very helpful!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
E
Hello fellas. Just got my P2000SK 9mm and I love it. Just wondering and sorry if this has been covered but I am not crazy about the bottom of the mag. I have small hands and my pinkie has a hard time finding a home. The mag curls out and interfears with my shooting hand pinkie. Do they make a replacement bottom for it that does not curl out?

Also I keep reading about extended mag release. Can someone post a picture of what a standard and extended mag release looks like on the pistol? Thanks all.
I filed down mag base to eliminate much of the radius to make it fit my pinky. It now fits my hand perfectly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Like Zeker, I took a Dremel to the extended floor plate on my mags and ground them flush like the flat floor plate. They look fine, work great, and best of all, FREE!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice! I went further and ground the bottom angle flat as well. Exactly like the flat base plate in other words.

Side note: What is the proper term... floor plate, floorplate, base plate, or baseplate?

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Nice! I went further and ground the bottom angle flat as well. Exactly like the flat base plate in other words.

Side note: What is the proper term... floor plate, floorplate, base plate, or baseplate?
Why did you do that when you can buy the flat floor plates?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why did you do that when you can buy the flat floor plates?
Keyword... "buy". Why spend $12/each on floor plates, when I know I'll never use the pinky extension ones and 15 minutes with a grinder gets me the same exact result? It's a totally non-functional part. Overall functioning or reliability of the pistol isn't affected by shaving this plastic wing off.

I'm usually all for "doing things right" even if that means spending big bucks, but this seemed like a no-brainer that wasn't worth the spend. If the base plates were like a buck or I already had them available, that's a different story. But 5 base plates plus shipping is like $65, that I didn't spend.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
HK45c mag release and a dremel.

I did this exact same thing to three mags yesterday. I much prefer having something to land my pinky on than not, so the flat floorplates weren't the answer for me. Using the dremel to grind back the extended version to something more useful was the right answer for me.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have a surplus of those baseplates... I think I'll try one, just to see. Have the flat floor plates on all my short mags, but am curious to see how the modified pinky rest works for me... I have no problems shooting with my pinky curled underneath.. but will be fun to experiment. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts