HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group! I just picked up a "new" P2000sk V3 in a .40 cal and wanted to know how I can tell when it was made?

I also wanted to know if someone could explain how the decock on these guns "actually" work? When in SA (Single action mode) and you press the decock button, it violently slams the hammer foreward? This I assume is safe and normal? I have not had the gun to the range yet, but plan to this weekend. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on picking up your new HK! In order to determine when your gun was made you need to look at the two letters on the left side of the slide (or look at the shell casing if included with your gun).

Here is the dating system....
A B C D E F G H I K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

http://www.hkpro.com/symbols.htm

If your gun has the AG code then it was made in 2006, AH code and it was made in 2007 ect.

As far as the decocker goes, Yes it is perfectly safe and will not fire the gun.

·
Registered
392 Posts
There is a firing pin block. Take the gun apart and look and the underside of the slide. See that thing that goes in and out? That blocks the pin. If the trigger isn't pulled that thing wont be in, and if it's not in, the pin wont move. That's how your decocker works. Personally, I ride the hammer down when I decock because I still don't like the hammer hitting the backside of the pin with so much force when the block is preventing it from moving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a firing pin block. Take the gun apart and look and the underside of the slide. See that thing that goes in and out? That blocks the pin. If the trigger isn't pulled that thing wont be in, and if it's not in, the pin wont move. That's how your decocker works. Personally, I ride the hammer down when I decock because I still don't like the hammer hitting the backside of the pin with so much force when the block is preventing it from moving.
Good info! Thanks all!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine is an AF and starts with 125

1 - 8 of 8 Posts