HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new carry weapon. Ive narrowed it down to Glock 26 or p2000sk in 9mm. I am partial to hk, but hope to get a little imput from some hk owners. Is the finish durable? Is the da/sa mode a good choice?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why would DA/SA be good for a cop as opposed to a non law enforcement person? I personally like the short and light trigger pull of SA for quicker follow up shots. I thought Law enforcement agencies (some) require or prefer DAO, or LEM, to reduce the chance of accidental discharge in situations of high stress where the officer might accidently depress the trigger if it were single action.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a P2000SK in 357sig, that I thought about making my primary carry weapon, replacing my Glock 33. (33 is the same size as the 26, only in 357Sig).

Both hold the same number of rounds. The glock is a few ounces lighter and is a touch smaller. I find the HK a little easier to control though. I also find the HK, even being a little larger, it more comfortable in a IWB holster. The more rounded contours of the slide fit us more rounded guys.

So, for now, I'm still carrying the Glock 33, mainly because of the holster. I don't really care for the two holsters I've tried for the HK.

·
Registered
87 Posts
After 1 day of carrying the SK, I'm sold. I've carried the G19 and G26, and for me the SK is more comfortable - maybe I'm not as round as HK0001? :)

Mine's in a $10 IWB hoster right now, can't wait to order a good one.

Both weapons are a good choice. I've just become uncomforatable with carrying the cocked Glock over the years - I think I'm afraid that in a "panic" situation the trigger is a little to easy to make a mistake with (aka "Glock Leg").

But, for the same price as the HK, you can get the G26, a Galco holster and about 10 boxes of range ammo...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Most definately get the SK I have had both and the SK is a much better weapon. As far a concealing the two I don't see much difference there. I would suggest looking at the LEM trigger system though. Everyone that tries mine falls in love with it.

Notice HAD both the G26 was sold to make room in my safe for another HK.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The SK feels much less boxy and has a more comfortable grip angle than the Glock to me. For a small compact/subcompact gun, I dont think there is anything finer out there than the P2000sk.

·
Registered
376 Posts
P2000sk

I have a HK P2000SK 9mm V3 for my off-duty carry in warmer days and love it. The P2000SK fits my hand better and is more controlable than the Glock 26.

With the P2000SK you can have it your way:

V2- LEM trigger. or
V3- DA/SA trigger.

Removable Medium or Large size backstraps.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a G26 and as some others have stated, it is a bit difficult to control. The magazine extentions help by allowing me to actually rest my pinky on the grip, but it is just a bit too small for me to be able to shoot 100% consistently.

That being said, I've never fired a SK, so I can't compare the two.

I think if you go with the SK, how can you go wrong? It IS an HK afterall ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use a G26. I used to carry a G27 which I do prefer the 40 cal but the 9mm is lighter and a lot easier to shoot. I looked at the P2000Sk and it is a very nice gun but I have to say for something that small the G26 does win. I also carry a G17 (17 round) mag as my back up. I can not do that with HK. For the record I only have 2 Glocks in my safe, the rest of my defensive pistols are HK so I do prefer HK however for a gun that small I prefer the G26. I did a trigger job on the gun which cost 40 bucks, it shoots nice and I can find holsters anywhere for any type of carry. Its also cheaper! If I was going to buy a larger gun for carry then I would go with a P2000 but when I went and looked at all the sub compacts the G26 is the smallest yet still shootable with a high round count for the size of gun.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I was in this exact situation myself. I went with the Glock 26. I already had an Hk so that made buying the Glock a little easier (got to have at least 1 Hk). :)

Mainly for me the price was right on the Glock 26 and it will readily accept higher capacity mags for range use which aren't hard to find or high in price. The G26 was going for around $500 and the P2000 was closer to $900. I just couldn't justify the other $400 that I just didn't have to spend. However, given the fact I had to drop another $100 on night sights for the Glock later on, I was only saving about $300. The P2000 comes with these and I view this as a big plus.

I really like the Glock 26 it is a great little stright shooter. Very easy to carry and shoot well. Both guns feel really good in your hand and are definatly small and light enough to be a pleasure to carry. If you have the money treat yourself and get the P2000. If not the Glock will serve you well and more than meet your needs.

BTW, I have Pearce +1 pinky extensions on both my 10rnd. mags and I carry the gun and the extra mag in a Galco "Walkabout" IWB holster...365, 24/7.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want to be able to carry it in your pocket part of the time or in a cross draw holster, I will recommend the G26 or better yet, the G27, for concealment/weight. If you will be carrying it IWB/OWB I will recommend the H&K P2000SK V2 LEM .40 or the G27.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Why would DA/SA be good for a cop as opposed to a non law enforcement person? I personally like the short and light trigger pull of SA for quicker follow up shots. I thought Law enforcement agencies (some) require or prefer DAO, or LEM, to reduce the chance of accidental discharge in situations of high stress where the officer might accidently depress the trigger if it were single action.
I thought exactly the same thing. The SA/DA is particularly worthwhile IMHO for LE and civilians if they already own a Sig or another SA/DA weapon. The learning curve is short and the SA break is sweet. Plus, with practice that first DA shot (if you so elect) can be as accurate and as instinctive as the follow on SA. IMHO both the the SA/DA is well suited for ALL shooters. And I might add that Sig sells a boatload of SA/DA guns to both LE and civilians. My federal agency's issue weapon is a Sig P229 SA/DA and it continues to serve us well. My personal guns are a Sig P239 SA/DA and P2000 both in SA/DA. With practice comes proficiency and safe handling. And in a lot of cases, civilians get more practice (by choice) and are more knowledgeable about guns than LE. Nothing wrong with the LEM either.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here is a photo of a Glock 27/26 with a HKP2000
The handle on the P2000 is longer that the Glock but otherwise they are the same length & width. The P2000 ,s grip does feel better in the hand to me but it is also 3/4" longer & I also like the V3 trigger but I still carry my Glock because I do not feel bad about abuseing it plus it has allways been 100% reliable with all ammo I have tried . For the difference in cost I think the Glock is a better deal & is one of the most if not the most reliable compacts in it,s size class but if the HK was close to the same price i would go with the HK.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Both the Glock and HK are awesome carry guns but it comes down to each person's preference/choice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts