HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone own or shot or hear anything about the paraordinance warthog? it is about the same size as the p2ksk except it carries 10+1 45 acp instead of 9+1 357/40. and is single action only with a thumb safety and beaver tail safety.

·
Registered
381 Posts
A .45 ACP out of a short barrel will lose a lot of velocity. They do look like nice guns though. I liked the one that I fondled down at the gun shop.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The warthog is a nice gun but the heel seems to dig really hard into the palm of my hand. If you think the grip is short on a p2kSK you'll think it's way short on the warthog. It does have alot of firepower but the grip needs just a little length so it doesn't hurt the hand imho.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the grip does look like it is really short and i can only imagine what it would be like firing. one of my sergeants has a smith and wesson 342pd .357mag (one of the small hammerless revolvers) and during qualifications his hand actually bled from the recoil of the gun. i got to shoot 5 rounds and was holding it as tight as i could to keep it from jumping out of my hand. boy am i glad i wet with the 38spl instead.
i wonder if they make grip extensions or something for the warthog.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I cant comment on the Warthog imparticular, but the only sub-compact 1911's I've shot were quite a handfull. I'm just guessing, but with a grip that short and being a double stack .45, that grip has got to be uncomfortable.

I'd go with the P2Ksk personally.

The full size Para's look really nice, and handling their double stack 9mm was quite the eye opener. I dont particularly like 1911's, but I might have to get one.

There was a recent test done by DownrangeTV, Todd Jarrett, and Para Ordnance, where they fired 5000rds in 2 days without cleaning, and 1000rds in a little over 10min without an issue. It was a pretty impressive test for an off the shelf 1911. Especially since most people expect a 1911 not to work all that well without some smithing.

Anyway, unless you can shoot the Warthog before buying it, the P2Ksk would be the safer bet IMO.

Good luck though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts