HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello group! I learned a lot from talking to a fellow member "Montrala", very helpful indeed! I was wondering how the rest of you felt as far as what the BEST variant would be for a concealed carry weapon in the P2000sk pistol? ***The best in safety that is!*** Im sure they are all safe but what would you deem the safest as far as acidental discharge? We ride ATV's so they will get bounced around. In any of the P2000sk variants, are they considered "cocked" or only when you go to pull the trigger? I am not comfortable carring a weapon "cocked". Please advise and thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
before i bought my p2000 it was suggested to me to get the v3 instead of the lem, he said i would not notice the first pull in the case of defending my self or family or what ever, i do not carry sa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok tell u a story im not proud of have a hk p2000sk in .40sw getting out of the car gun falls barrel up saw it falling (slow motion took like 30 seconds to hit the ground) hit and nothing saw my whole life in 2 seconds very durable not even a scratch

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
In any of the P2000sk variants, are they considered "cocked" or only when you go to pull the trigger? I am not comfortable carring a weapon "cocked". Please advise and thank you!
It sound like what you are asking is if you have a round in "the pipe," or chambered ? If this is your source of concern. I would suggest. that you do not have a round in the chamber till you are ready to shoot it.

If you are not confortable carring a weapon with a round chambered, then simply do not do that.

No one here can make that decision for you, you would only be talking one round less in the weapon. Most shooting will not matter if you have one round less.

A big part of weapon safty is YOUR Confort! Not what someone else feels or does. It's like I watched Robbie Kenival jump a bunch of busses. That doesn't stop me from riding a motorcycle, but I would not feel confortable jumping one bus.

I think you get what I am saying. :D TJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you are going to let your $800 gun bounce around inside some container on your ATV buy a $450 Glock.

If the P2000 will be on your person with the right holster & mounting system you should have no fear of a negligent discharge or accidental discharge since the things can't go boom without a trigger pull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts