HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see a pic of this before I got it and could not find anything. In case anyone else wants to see it, here you go. The Hogue grip is a pain to put back on, so I didn't take it off for you guys.

Here it is with the X-Grip:

I picked up the X-Grip from Botach for 14.95 or so, free shipping. I was a little worried based what I have heard about that company, but it shipped quick, no problems. Best price I could find.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Which Hogue grip model/size is that and how long did it take you to get it on?

I used to love the Hogue on my Glock 23 (except the epic struggle getting it on) and was disappointed when the salesperson said it wouldn't fit my SK.

Obviously they talked themselves out of a sale since you were able to put one on.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I just use my P30 mags at the range. I've learned to shoot without the third finger support so it doesn't matter much. Training training training.

I have 800 rounds through my SK without a single malfunction. i wish I got to shoot it more but I always end up picking up the custom P30L. :0)P

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The X-grip work well, keep an eye on your Hogue, it looks like if it was acouple mm's lower, mags wouldn't seat.

If it is much higher it can get in the way of the mag release.

Which Hogue grip model/size is that and how long did it take you to get it on?

I used to love the Hogue on my Glock 23 (except the epic struggle getting it on) and was disappointed when the salesperson said it wouldn't fit my SK.

Obviously they talked themselves out of a sale since you were able to put one on.

I bought the gun used - I have no idea which one it is, I took it off once, decided I preferred it with the grip, and spent a long time getting it back on.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The x-grip was made for USPc and P2000 magazines. I use my P2000sk regularly with x-grips. I don't have a hogue, so I don't have any hang ups. Unfortunately, I am in NY and can only get hi caps for my USPf pistols. I like the magazine interchangeability of the P2000sk/P20000/USPc/P30.

JPG

·
Registered
890 Posts
I use P30 mags as well but just let them stick out w/o an xgrip.
+1...use the standard mag w. pinky extension for CCW with stock P30 mag as reload. I actually like the way the P30 mag feels over the USP 13 rd mag...just the right amount of extra length for additional purchase and space for the pinky to rest on the metal mag body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts