HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if I can use 13 rd mags with X-Grip for IPSC production div in the 2012 rules? planning to buy...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bah I didn't notice you're not in the states my bad. Uspsa production is 10; I'm not sure about actual ipsc. I apologize and will shut my trap now.

-424D57

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, that's ok. I also failed to consider that most shooters who will provide me answers here would be USPSA. now, do i get the 10 rounders or these X-grip mags.... i wonder who knows. i would hate to buy a bunch expensive mags then get bumped to open div... i run on a tight budget as a public servant. I actually am a standard div shooter using a USPt 40 and this gun was given as a gift.

My standard setup BTW for reference - this setup, with practice has put me in class B in just a year of shooting competitively - among standard div giants sporting STIs:
-USPt 40 with its factory match trig
-V9 detent plate
-HK45 safety
-nickel flat spring
-adjustable mepros
-jet funnel
-2 17 round modified JF mags with HK internals
-2 18 round JF mags with grams internals
-10 Lb recoil spring (latest addition intended on bottoming out the bouncy USP buffer spring)
-Garrett Silent Thunder holster

So, for the P2000SK my options are either 5 10 rd mags, or 2 10 ounders and 2 13 rounders if the x-grips are indeed legal in IPSC production.
somebody help! im about to place orders!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
10 round P2000/USPC magazines are under $20. If you're limited to 10-round magazines the longer grip (with the X-grip) may be easier to shoot well. I have one (1) X-grip for use with my P2000SK. If I was going to compete with it or use it for carry I'd glue it to the magazine as it can move around when in a mag pouch.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If you can have 15 rounds, then I would suggest the P30 mags as they hold 15. However, the X-Grip will not work with the P30 mags.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Anyone know if I can use 13 rd mags with X-Grip for IPSC production div in the 2012 rules? planning to buy...
I would ask that question on IPSC Global Village. X-Grip is NO-GO for sure, but P2000 or P30 magazines alone should be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts