HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just purchased my first handgun - a Ruger P90 - about 2 months ago. It's a blast to shoot and built like a tank, but using it as a ccw would never work. I'm planning on buying a P2000sk in 9mm, and was wondering what everyone thought. I'm really tempted to go with .357 sig b/c I've heard it's a blast to shoot, and I know it's a step up from 9mm. I'm thinking 9mm might be the better fit for me though, since I'm fairly new to all of this and I have some improving to do, especially with follow-up shots.

Also, what can I expect to pay for a P2000sk. I've only found a couple of local shops that sell them, and the best price I could get was $745 before taxes and everything. I'm in PA if that makes a difference...

Thanks!!

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
You should check online at CDNN they have the same weapon for a lot less. The thing you want to remember about 357sig is the price of getting good with it. Ammo is much higher than a 9mm by quite a bit. I am not sure but isn't Penn a state wher they don't allow any new weapons in? TJ

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's actually another reason I wanted to go with 9mm... ammo for 9mm is a lot cheaper than for 357sig or 40s&w.

As for CDNN... I'm assuming that is CDNN Sports, Inc? I got that from a google search... never heard of the site before. I found the p2000sk in their catalog, but it says to call for a price. Guess I can do that tomorrow.

Not sure what you mean by PA being a state where they don't allow new weapons in, but I know that a local gun shop stocks P2000sk's in .40 S/W and they said they could order me one in 9mm or 357sig if I wanted for the same price ($745).

Any idea what the price of a p2000sk should be? Even if I end up paying a little more, I'd prefer to buy locally. I went to the shop offering them for $745 and was very pleased with everything. I told the guy there that I wasn't buying anything today, but he still spent over an hour showing me several different pistols, including the p2000sk, which fit like a glove. I almost feel like spending more and buying it there for the simple fact that I got incredible service, which is hard to come by at a lot of shops... especially for an inexperienced person like myself. I just wanted to make sure that $745 wasn't a good deal more than I should be paying...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe CDNN is selling the SK in 9 and 40 for $685-689 and the .357 for $620ish and it's a flat rate of $20 for shipping. Clydes Armory is selling the SK with 3 mags and night sights for about $720 and about $735 for the LEM versions. CDNN is the cheapest, easy and real friendly to deal with. I like them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts