1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
how many rounds would it hold? like 5 or 6, i would want more capacity

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
If I am going to go back to a 5 shooter it will be my revolver .44 Special.
Small is good to a point but when you get too small for the cartridge I don't see much use for it. The semi might be thinner but not by enough to make it matter to me.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
A .45 P2000sk would be alot like a Glock 36 slim-line .45 in both size and capacity. To my knowledge this is the least popular amongst all of the Glock line of pistols. I only ever met one guy who owned one, but he did like it. It would be interesting to see HK's take on a sub-compact .45.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Can You think of a LE/Army dept anywhere in the world that would ask for such weapon? Yes? No? The answer tranlates directly to the possibility of HK making it.

The smallish 45s aren´t appealing at all, at least to me. Look at that tiny Kahr. Considering capacity, it´s nothing more but a flat revolver, with higher probability of malfunctions. As another drawback, a .45 just NEEDS some barrel. For guns this small, size and capacity wise, J-frames rulezzz.

·
Registered
45 Posts
HK45sk ?

How about an HK45sk (?)

Specs/Features:
Thinline single stacked grip /w interchangeable backstraps....5-6 rnd mag (and maybe able to handle the HK45 10 rnd amd HK45c 8 rnd mags ?).

Slightly longer barrel than the P2000sk, but not as long as the HK45c (maybe in the 3.25-3.5" range ?).

LEM trigger group and DA/SA versions with small decocker lever set into the slide (ala Mk23 rather than the hole in the back of the slide type like the P2000sk) so you could change between the two on a single platform (with a flush fit pin in insert to fill the decocker space on a DAO LEM variant).

Slide serrations and cosmetics similar to the HK45/Hk45c, with the 1913 spec rail in front.

Yeah, it may only end up a little smaller than the USP45c or HK45c, but I would probably buy one as a deep carry gun, assuming the usual HK attention to reliability, construction and accuracy.

And while we are at this .45 caliber wishing well: why not put the P7M7 into production ?

That would (at least in my opinion) be a more desireable (and possibly more effective/accurate) CCW pistol. It has already been R&D'd, built and proven.

And I would buy one of those too.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
...And while we are at this .45 caliber wishing well: why not put the P7M7 into production ?

That would (at least in my opinion) be a more desireable (and possibly more effective/accurate) CCW pistol. It has already been R&D'd, built and proven.

And I would buy one of those too.
The P7M7's hydrolic buffer system was never proven sucessfully reliable for production. Also HK estimated that production costs were WAY too high to justify further developement for production.

If you think that P7M8's are expensive today just imagine what a P7M7 would cost if it were to be produced today??? We're talking $3000 to $4000 USD, SigSauer P210 range here.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
i don't like subcompacts.

Thanks. But, no thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts