HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to shoot my brother's brand new P2SK V3 in .357Sig last night. I might have to get one of these. The thing shot awsome groups for me, although a bit to the left. I really liked the fit and lay out of this handgun. I have been holding out for the HK45 and HK45c for work, but I might pick up a P2k or P2SK in .357 for kicks, although I would likely get it in the light LEM. With some practice my brother will tighten up his groups.

After realizing it was shooting left I looked at the rear site, it was visibly off center to the right (which would cause the shooting left), not muck, but it was not centered.. We will see how it shoots for my brother when he gets more use to it, before I try to adjust the sites.

An excellent little handgun though...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am a fan of the .357sig round. It is fun to shoot and very accurate. The downfall IMO is the price (but then again all ammo is getting expensive). For the price that battleMBR is selling NIB P2Ksk's I am thinking about getting one.......

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66104

·
Registered
16 Posts
with such a small grip and heavy hitting round, I am going to need a lot of practice before I can shoot it well. I'm used to shooting a lighter round in a larger pistol and have no trouble controlling it. I found myself flinching a lot during the DA shot. I suspect that putting on an X-Grip will help me hold the SK more securely and help a lot with my control. I love the gun, I just need more practice, and a store that carries more than two boxes of ammo, if they carry it at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ugh.

I think mine are off from factory, as well - how do I check? Visual inspection doesn't tell much, other than it being visibly off-center.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what does the .357sig do that sets it apart from the other handgun calibers out there? Gotta be fun trying to reload those cases.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a SK 357 too, how is the recoil on it?
I have a P239 that took me a few sessions to get used to but now I love it.
I was wondering since the Sk is even smaller if it would be hard to control?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a hard time controlling it my first time out, but my brother is more used to shooting smaller guns and didn't have trouble shooting good groups at 30 ft.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had mine just under 2 months and it's been nothing but a pleasure to shoot. The .357SIG really has some kick to it, but it's very manageable in the SK. I perceive the recoil to be more of a quick push, but it's not harsh unlike the .40 which I don't like AT ALL. It's not as bad as you'd think, though like BeaverFan, It took me a little while to get it under control the very first time I shot it.

HK has really done something amazing with this platform, because I can shoot a few hundred rounds or so without my hand getting the least bit tired or sore. I usually only shoot about 150 rounds though -ammo is a bit pricey :)

Getting proficient with my LEM trigger has not been a quick process for me, but I'm almost there :cool:

Here's a pic (Hogue grip has since been replaced by a Hogue Jr)

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking of picking up a SK 357 too, how is the recoil on it?
I have a P239 that took me a few sessions to get used to but now I love it.
I was wondering since the Sk is even smaller if it would be hard to control?
the recoil is essentially the same as you get from .40s&w, so it is a little snappy, but completely managable in this platform. I have a P239 in .40 and I think the SK is much easier to shoot. Like I said, other than the sight being slightly off, I had no problems at all shooting this handgun well....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
If you wait for the HK45 to come out it is hard telling when you will get a new pistol. A year ago they were saying right after the 2007 shot show. I haven't seen one yet outside of a couple magazines. To each his own but I am not waiting for them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The recoil ain't bad at all as everyone else has said. If you want to talk heavy recoil, try some 2.75" non-ported Smith 500 magnums with 500-gr hornadys or 440 gr. cor-bons. The P2000sk is a good carry gun. It's only slightly larger than the baby Glock and conceals very well. I plan to carry mine this winter. I would suggest trying the LEM trigger. It's great for carrying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts