HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so where I can rent pistols they don't just have every P2SK version for rent. They have V3 only. I think they have a USPc LEM. Would the USPc LEM be an accurate representation of what P2sk LEM is like?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm a noob looking to buy his first HK in LEM, so take this with a grain of salt. From what I've read perusing old threads, the USP series of pistols have a somewhat shorter reset in the LEM versions than do the P series. How the reset on the SA of the DA/SA compares to the reset on the LEM, I'm not sure.

Someone with personal experience will be along I'm sure. I'm trying to decide on the USPc, P2000, or P2Ksk for my first HK.

·
Registered
106 Posts
USPc and SK LEM variant for variant will be very similar. I find my USPc's reset noticeably shorter and somewhat more crisp. Weight and feel of reset are incredibly similar. Both are v1. As to the difference between sa and lem reset I've never handled a v3 sk, but have shot USPcs in v1 and light LEM back to back and before/after conversion and the reset was identical. Hope that helps.

-424D57

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
USPc and SK LEM variant for variant will be very similar. I find my USPc's reset noticeably shorter and somewhat more crisp.
100% dead on. The biggest downfall of the P-Series is the reset. It is still there on the LEM's as well. Not as bad as a v3, but there still. The USPc LEM crispness and weight would depend on the configuration of the springs. A P-Series v2 converted to v1 (light, which is what I carry) would give and USP LEM a run for its money on crispy-ness. :62:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
For the purposes of figuring out if you would like the LEM if you already know that you like the P2000, yes the USPc will work fine.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Your experience differs from mine. My USP9C LEM has a better trigger and significantly shorter trigger reset than my P2000SK LEM. The hammer is very busy and somewhat distracting on the P2000SK although I doubt it will noticeable at all in a gunfight.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Okay, so where I can rent pistols they don't just have every P2SK version for rent. They have V3 only. I think they have a USPc LEM. Would the USPc LEM be an accurate representation of what P2sk LEM is like?
I have both in 40 cal. The difference is the SK is louder, lighter, shorter grip but not by much, almost the same breakdown to clean and you will have a ****ty looking grin the first time you shoot it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a P2k with factory installed LEM, a USP40c with factory installed LEM, and two USP45f with LEM kits installed (by me). Other than spring tension differences, they are all close enough that I can change between them without a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What years are yours? I compared my hammer to one a buddy took out of his P2000 and the "hook" on his is deeper. He didn't lke the long reset either. All three of mine are 2004 - 2006 date code and his was 2010...

Your experience differs from mine. My USP9C LEM has a better trigger and significantly shorter trigger reset than my P2000SK LEM. The hammer is very busy and somewhat distracting on the P2000SK although I doubt it will noticeable at all in a gunfight.

-- Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts