HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to need some help from HK Addicts.

Been joanzin' for a new pistol, and was thinking of getting something different for home defense and shooting range.
At first wanted to get the P30L in 40 S&W and was told by numerous local dealers its not available. Currently have a P30 and P2000 in 9, and really like the grip, also have a USP Tactical 45 and not crazy about the grip, but loyal to it and can't let it go. Do not have any
pistols in 40 S&W, rented a Sig in 40 cal at the range a few days ago, and it wasn't bad, just a bit snappy.

So, basically want a good pistol to keep close to the bed and something that will be kind and fun at the range.

Out of the 3 guns (P30 in 40 cal, HK45C or HK45CT), which do you think will be the more enjoyable/accurate to shoot at the range and
better for a good night sleep? I only threw the HK45CT in to the mix because of its longer barrel (I'm thinking it will be a bit more
accurate and less recoil than the regular HK45C).

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I would say HK45c will give you more options. But I do love and EDC my HK45. All 3 are great guns, but the HK45 and HK45c's are works of art.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Pravda...I just aquired a 45C myself and could not be happier. The piece is absolutely amazing in terms of function and reliability, not to mention accuracy. All of that and it's a beauty to hold in your hands! Not my first HK and probably not my last.

Good shooting!:wink:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
HK45C, unless you want the can too. The threaded barrel will do nothing more than the regular barrel; that you'll be able to notice anyways.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your responses.
Going to try and find one at a local dealer and get a feel for it.

Anyone here have a full size HK45(not USP) and care comment on the grip vs the HK45c?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The hk45c grip feels much like a p2000, the full size has finger grooves which makes the grip feel bigger to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I would nix the .40 S&W. Why have the burden of getting a new caliber when you really don't get anything that either your 9mm or .45 can't already deliver?

That said, 45C of those listed.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Anyone here have a full size HK45(not USP) and care comment on the grip vs the HK45c?
Not really an apples to apples to comparison, surprisingly enough. The HK45 has the spider man grip like the P30 line, and the HK45c has a P2000 like grip. That being said, I love both of them. I have extra large hands and have no issue feeling at home with either.

·
Registered
904 Posts
How big are your hands? If your right at home with a p30 frame the 45 might be too big. Its a touch large for me, the 45c is a perfect fit for me. 5'11

Gotta try those on for yourself for sure.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm 5'9. Hands are 7.5" from end of palm to end of middle finger.

I'm right at home with P30 and P2000 9mm, also with Springfield XD 45 full size.
USP Tactical 45 is a bit large, but i got use to it as with the HK45 Full Size.
Im hoping the HK45c grip is a bit thinner than the HK USP Tactical and Full size (with spiddey grip).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
HK45C, unless you want the can too. The threaded barrel will do nothing more than the regular barrel; that you'll be able to notice anyways.
I beg to differ, my threaded barrel makes me shoot better and look better doing it , not to mention how tough it looks w an AAC thread protector, just saying

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm 5'9. Hands are 7.5" from end of palm to end of middle finger.

I'm right at home with P30 and P2000 9mm, also with Springfield XD 45 full size.
USP Tactical 45 is a bit large, but i got use to it as with the HK45 Full Size.
Im hoping the HK45c grip is a bit thinner than the HK USP Tactical and Full size (with spiddey grip).
How do you eat whoppers?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I beg to differ, my threaded barrel makes me shoot better and look better doing it , not to mention how tough it looks w an AAC thread protector, just saying
I know what you mean about the thread protector. Looks bad ass on my USP Tactical.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts