HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the factory 17rd 9mm mags extend out past the grip, making a sleeve necessary in order to fill a gap?

Also, are there factory higher capacity mags for the P30 .40S&W, beyond 13rds? Or Mec Gars that don't require a sleeve?

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
The P30 magazines are the same length. The internals have been changed to fit in two additional rounds of ammo... was 15, now 17 (9mm). No filler sleeve needed.

I've taken the P30 40sw magazines, installed the VP9 15 round to 17 round conversion kit, and added 2 rounds to its capacity. It now holds 15 rounds of 40sw instead of 13.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The P30 magazines are the same length. The internals have been changed to fit in two additional rounds of ammo... was 15, now 17 (9mm). No filler sleeve needed.

I've taken the P30 40sw magazines, installed the VP9 15 round to 17 round conversion kit, and added 2 rounds to its capacity. It now holds 15 rounds of 40sw instead of 13.

I hope that helps.
I was just asking about the capacity issue in the P30 thread earlier, as I have some 15 rd and 17 rd 9mm mags. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I hope that helps.
Yes, thank you! In your experience were the 40sw mags rock solid dependable after installing the 15 to 17 round conversion kits?

·
Registered
711 Posts
For what it's worth, the followers locking plates, and base plates are the same between the HK 9, .40 and .357 magazines; only the magazine body is different. As far as I'm concerned that would make this a fairly reliable modification with the caveat that the springs themselves are different between the 9 and .40 magazines so you may want to give them plenty of test runs to ensure reliable feeding.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes, thank you! In your experience were the 40sw mags rock solid dependable after installing the 15 to 17 round conversion kits?
I have the USP compact in 40 and 9mm.
Installing the conversion kit into USPc 9mm magazine, keeping the original base plate, capacity is increased from 13 to 14 comfortably (15 if you really squeeze the last round into it.)

I picked up a 40sw P30 mag with the x-grip spacer to fit my USPc40 which is my primary carry piece - now with 15+1 capacity.

I've taken both guns to a couple of steel shoots and I've had no malfunctions of any kind. I'll certainly keep testing it, but I already have the larger capacity mags in daily use.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered two 9mm 17rd mags and two +2 spring kits to put in my .40 mags

Thanks for all the info guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts