HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an accurate 9mm range gun to complement my .40c and an HK45 I plan to purchase later this year. My conundrum is whether to buy a P30 now or wait and see if the the P30L will be released. For those who have fired a P30, how does it compare to the slightly longer USPf 9mm with respect to accuracy? Those of you with an HK45 and a P30, which one do you shoot better?

I'm not interested in the P30's potential from a bench rest, but would like to hear subjective experiences and comparisons shooting a P30 offhand at typical indoor range distances. In short, I'd like to know if the P30 shoots more like a USPf or more like a Compact.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Offhand I shoot both my P30 and HK45 between 1.25" and 1.5" groups at 50 feet. A flyer here and there of course, but IMO that is astounding accuracy.

My old P7M8 was as accurate or slightly moreso IIRC.

I have not been able to shoot any USP that well honestly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I'll try to wait until Thursday to answer your question. ;) That is... unless you wanna make an emergency range trip before then.

I guess it wasn't too hard to finally figure out what your SN was on here with a post like this. :D

I'm looking for an accurate 9mm range gun to complement my .40c and an HK45 I plan to purchase later this year. My conundrum is whether to buy a P30 now or wait and see if the the P30L will be released. For those who have fired a P30, how does it compare to the slightly longer USPf 9mm with respect to accuracy? Those of you with an HK45 and a P30, which one do you shoot better?

I'm not interested in the P30's potential from a bench rest, but would like to hear subjective experiences and comparisons shooting a P30 offhand at typical indoor range distances. In short, I'd like to know if the P30 shoots more like a USPf or more like a Compact.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
P30 shoots more like USPf than like P2000/USPc for me (in accuracy department, 25m, TS-4 target). Maybe it's becouse good grip and longer sights line than P2000 and UPSc. Also in IDPA shooting I noticed increased accuracy versus P2000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts