HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I held my first P30 today and I am in love! I can't believe the ergonomics of this pistol and it may be a Christmas present.

My question is has anyone on the board handled both the Hk45 and P30?

Obviously they are different sized guns and different calibers but I never felt I needed a 9MM until I held the P30. Let's hear what everyone has to say about our newest additions to the HK family.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Well.......

I am back from the range with both, had to go by myself and don't have pics, sorry, will go again later in the week.

Having said that, head to head, I (as are many here,) am leaning toward the P30 as a new favorite handgun. DA to SA is very smooth, I like the way the gun feels, it's very much dead on. I put about 100 rounds thru each.

The Hk45 feels good, but the DA to SA transition, aka 1st round from hammer down, safety on, I found was always low and left, a symptom of my pulling on the firearm, while pressing the trigger.

I like both, but the P 30, well, if you're thinking about one, I don't see going wrong on that one.

I'll try and get pics up by this weekend, sorry I don't have them now.

Bob

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Most that have handled both of mine prefer the P30 including myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I handled both the other day, and I must agree that the P30 has a very comfortable grip. With that said, I have small hands and the grip on the HK45 is bigger. I am sure they will make a P30 in a 40 caliber in the future and that is where I would lean. That is, unless I get ahold of a HK45 compact before then.

Nick

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm anxious to get my hands on a HK45 as well but the P30 felt better than anything I've held in a while. It felt like it was custom made for me!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Bobby D,

Why don't you carry the HK45 cocked and locked so it's only SA and you won't have to mess with the DA?

TR
That's what I'll probably do, for CCW, IDPA and any classes, although for MP5 class it will be the P30, no doubt.

I don't think you could go wrong either way, and if a .40 comes out, well, that will be three great pistols.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts