HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was putting away some guns after a range session and thought I'd share some of my personal observations about these 2 guns. The VP9 is my edc. Love the gun and shoot it extremely well (uh....extremely well for me anyways). Here she is in my RDR custom kydex iwb holster.

The VP has the best trigger out of the box and has been 100% reliable over hundreds of rounds. She carries comfortably, presents quickly and points fast....handles recoil well and allows for very fast follow up shots. Just a fantastic firearm.

Then I pick up my P30 (it's a .40) and she just melds into my hand like no other gun. For me, the P30 points more naturally and feels better balanced than the VP (even more so than the P30L). It's not a huge difference, just slight yet noticeable. I did not like the LEM trigger on the P30 when I first got it, so it has been worked over by Bill Springfield and has the 4.1 LEM parts. Wonderful trigger now and shoots naturally. The P30 handles the .40 round like a boss and is the main reason I got a VP40 (to have a brother to my P30)....and also the reason I sold the VP40 (because I always chose the P30 for range days while the VP40 stayed home).

The VP9 is going to stay my edc gun for now as I prefer stock, unchanged firearms as carry guns. But the P30 is a joy to shoot and is my number 1 choice when heading to the range.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like your IWB holster. I will have to consider getting one for me.
Best holster I have ever owned/carried. Still have it on every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We think very much alike, but since I vastly prefer the LEM trigger I got rid of my VP9 and my P30 or P30SK is my EDC.
Not sure how my edc choice would be influenced if my p30 was a 9mm. I bought my p30 .40 from a good friend for an amazing price and love the gun (even though it is the only .40 I shoot anymore and the main reason I still shoot .40). My p30l is 9mm and almost too easy to shoot. Literally has almost zero recoil, feels like a .22. But the p30l is a bit too long in the slide for me to edc comfortably so it sits HD duty. Love my VP9 too....they are such wonderful guns...so similar in many ways, but subtle differences that make them preferable to each individual.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You're right the differences were subtle, but when you put it in your hand, and shoot it, you just know.

That being said I recently bought my first USP (Compact, 9mm) and it has the LEM trigger and HK45c mag release and it made me question exactly how much I really liked the P30 series! Haha

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
P30sk for my main carry, but I enjoy shooting my VP9 more. Even though lately it has been getting shot at the range less due to wanting to practice with the P30sk and try out the new Mark 23.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have both as well but like the P30 more. The VP9 was easy to shoot out of the box and it took me a while to get used to the LEM. However, once you figured out the trigger, there's nothing better. I rarely shoot my VP9 as I try to stay proficient with the LEM since I carry a P30sk.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have both as well but like the P30 more. The VP9 was easy to shoot out of the box and it took me a while to get used to the LEM. However, once you figured out the trigger, there's nothing better. I rarely shoot my VP9 as I try to stay proficient with the LEM since I carry a P30sk.
This ^^^ all my HK's have the LEM and the same sights so no matter what I'm doing, training, plinking, competition, etc I always have the same trigger feel and sight picture. I use the same weight ammo as I carry for the same reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts