HKPRO Forums banner

P30 Chamber

3314 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Mark71
Just got back from the range and had a problem with the new P30. When those who shot it "limp wristed" the gun would jam, FTE. Is this normal? When I shoot i have no problems. One thing I found what it looks like a step in the chamber. I don't think this is normal. Note photo of chamber and spent case.

I am going to call HK to get more info. But any input would be greatly welcome.

Thanks all
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
I'm sorry. My previous post was totally incorrect.

I was reading P30 but was thinking P7M8 the entire time.
(Man wasn't meant to be awake or sober at 08:58 AM)

I'll be quite now. Sorry.

PS: Thank You cueist.

· Registered
191 Posts
Just got back from the range and had a problem with the new P30. When those who shot it "limp wristed" the gun would jam, FTE. Is this normal?
Yes, if someone "limp wrists", this can cause a FTE. The P30 is a light gun, so it would be slightly more susceptible to having problems when "limp wristing" than a more massive gun. The cycling action of the gun relys on the slide moving and the frame staying in place.

· Registered
3,380 Posts
P30, P2000, P2000SK - all have this "step". It's reliabily enchacing feature. Provides easier chambering and extraction.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
No I used dirty Remington 250 rd mega pack.
There is your problem. There have been a few threads on here about new P30's not liking Remington UMC. Try some better ammo such as Federal, Speer lawman ,ect and I doubt that you will have any issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.