HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from the range and had a problem with the new P30. When those who shot it "limp wristed" the gun would jam, FTE. Is this normal? When I shoot i have no problems. One thing I found what it looks like a step in the chamber. I don't think this is normal. Note photo of chamber and spent case.

I am going to call HK to get more info. But any input would be greatly welcome.

Thanks all

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does your chamber has flutes running the length of it?
It should have them?
Can't tell from the photo but you may have an unfinished chamber?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
V,

The "ring: in the chamber is normal. HK has been doing that for awhile now.

CA,

The P30 Barrels are not fluted. HK stoped fluting barrels in handguns with the end of the P7 series.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm sorry. My previous post was totally incorrect.

I was reading P30 but was thinking P7M8 the entire time.
(Man wasn't meant to be awake or sober at 08:58 AM)

I'll be quite now. Sorry.

PS: Thank You cueist.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
V,

If I get a chance later this afternoon I will post a picture of my P2000SK chamber which also has the ring in it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just got back from the range and had a problem with the new P30. When those who shot it "limp wristed" the gun would jam, FTE. Is this normal?
Yes, if someone "limp wrists", this can cause a FTE. The P30 is a light gun, so it would be slightly more susceptible to having problems when "limp wristing" than a more massive gun. The cycling action of the gun relys on the slide moving and the frame staying in place.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Voncoz72,
My P30 chamber is like yours. I've put 700 rounds, Winchester 115 9mm valuepacks, through my P30 with no problems.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
P30, P2000, P2000SK - all have this "step". It's reliabily enchacing feature. Provides easier chambering and extraction.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
No I used dirty Remington 250 rd mega pack.
There is your problem. There have been a few threads on here about new P30's not liking Remington UMC. Try some better ammo such as Federal, Speer lawman ,ect and I doubt that you will have any issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts