HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm somewhat new to the forum but did I read that HK was developing a P30 compact? I love my P30 v3 and have been looking for a compact to ccw. I have narrowed it down to a P2000sk but if a compact P30 is in the works...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe it was G3kurz that said there is a p30 compact coming. Also working on a striker pistol of some kind. But I wouldn't hold my breath. If you can afford a p2ksk now, get it. Those guns could come out next week, or 3 years from now.... I believe the comment was made in the future of the usp thread.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes G3Kurz said it in the future of the USP thread, that they may be making it. Maybe they'll make it a single stack like everyone and their Mawgs were asking for a few months ago.

·
Banned
219 Posts
^ LOL, HK actually listening to their civilian customers

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just got my P2000SK today and it is nothing less than fantastic. I recommend you pick one up right away to keep you company for a few years while you wait for the P30c to make its debut.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Forgive my ignorance. I didn't know there was such a thing in the talks with HK.

My question is why would HK make a P30 compact? So you'lll have the P30L, P30, and P30 compact and they'll continue to make the P2000 and P2000sk and USP compacts? Doesn't make too much sense to me. I mean a P30 compact will automatically make the USPc and P2000 obsolete since I'm assuming it would be the same size as those two. Right?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hk has never been good a following a simple "Small/Medium/Large" process to their family of handguns. It's one area where I wish they would follow Glock's lead.

USP Series: Small=Nothing, Medium=USPc, Large=USP
P2000 Series: Small=P2000sk, Medium=P2000, Large=Nothing
P30 Series: Small=Nothing, Medium=P30, Large=P30L

I wish they had a P30c the size of the P2000sk, a P30 with just a slightly shorter grip than it has now (like the P2000), and then the P30L is just fine for a full-size. On top of this wish, make some damn factory threaded barrels for these new guns!!!

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
I believe it was G3kurz that said there is a p30 compact coming. Also working on a striker pistol of some kind. But I wouldn't hold my breath. If you can afford a p2ksk now, get it. Those guns could come out next week, or 3 years from now.... I believe the comment was made in the future of the usp thread.
I'm pretty sure HK is not coming out with "a striker pistol of some kind". Most military contracts are NOT written for striker pistols (except maybe Austria ;) and most police forces are already using Glock's for decades. And you have S&W pushing their new striker pistols aggressively.

So the market for a "$800 Glock" would be very small ...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hk has never been good a following a simple "Small/Medium/Large" process to their family of handguns. It's one area where I wish they would follow Glock's lead.

USP Series: Small=Nothing, Medium=USPc, Large=USP
P2000 Series: Small=P2000sk, Medium=P2000, Large=Nothing
P30 Series: Small=Nothing, Medium=P30, Large=P30L

I wish they had a P30c the size of the P2000sk, a P30 with just a slightly shorter grip than it has now (like the P2000), and then the P30L is just fine for a full-size. On top of this wish, make some damn factory threaded barrels for these new guns!!!
Ok. I see it better now. If HK makes a P30 compact than "GAME OVER"! That would be the new standard of a "Do it all" handgun.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm pretty sure HK is not coming out with "a striker pistol of some kind". Most military contracts are NOT written for striker pistols (except maybe Austria ;) and most police forces are already using Glock's for decades. And you have S&W pushing their new striker pistols aggressively.

So the market for a "$800 Glock" would be very small ...
I'd buy one, but it'd have to say HK on it and not be a Glock with mark up.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just got my P2000SK today and it is nothing less than fantastic. I recommend you pick one up right away to keep you company for a few years while you wait for the P30c to make its debut.
This ^ +1
SK FTW

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
yeah i dunno what a p30 compact would do that the p2000 couldnt do. HK already stocks so many parts for the different platforms and variants. Just seems kinda redundant.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
looks like this is the best option right now, P30 mags do not fit a P2000 correct?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't know about that, but I can tell you that P30L mags fit a P2000SK. The P30L barrel fits it, too! But the recoil spring assembly doesn't seat correctly and the slide won't go back. Maybe someone with a little machine tool skill and a sense of adventure could do something about that one day...

·
Registered
416 Posts
A P2000skT? :D

What I'm wondering is, would a P30 compact have the same interchangeable backstrap/side panel combos as the larger siblings?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I'm somewhat new to the forum but did I read that HK was developing a P30 compact?
They already have it on sale. It is called "HK P30" :)

Really, P30 is a compact pistol. I know that with modern trend to smaller pistols, some compacts look full size to people.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
They already have it on sale. It is called "HK P30" :)

Really, P30 is a compact pistol. I know that with modern trend to smaller pistols, some compacts look full size to people.
Montrala. I read in a couple gun mags that the P30 is a compact. Tactical Life said of the P30 "Maximized mini-9 boasts 16-shot firepower!" but I argue that the P30 is a compact because then what would that make guns like the P2000 and Glock 19? I mean they can't be subcompacts because there are smaller versions of those two models. I say it's a service size pistol but I guess that all depends on the gun owners definition of compact.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts