HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, but this does not seem to be a topic covered very much (if at all?).

As I've been EDC my P30SK LEM, I've been impressed with how it shoots, and the flexibility of the magazines sharing with my VP9.

However, carrying with a USPc 13 mag and an X Grip, practicing reloads means I change my grip a lot. It would be great if the P30 platform was available just a bit bigger, say about 5" in Grip length.

Would anyone think HK would release a compact version of the P30? Using USPc mags, but with the nice 'melt in your hand' feel of the P30/P30SK?

I realize a P2000 is about 5" high, but having shot one at a rental counter, the blocky shape and small mag release were not optimal for me. And it would be nice if it used the P30 sight options.

They did it with the USP Compact; that is almost the perfect carry size for me; but I like the grip on my P30SK much better.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I don't see much use for it myself. The full size p30 mags with the xgrip are perfect for me. If I were to bet VP9SK will be next. I think the sk will be the last edition of the Pseries, who knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did a search, but this does not seem to be a topic covered very much (if at all?).

As I've been EDC my P30SK LEM, I've been impressed with how it shoots, and the flexibility of the magazines sharing with my VP9.

However, carrying with a USPc 13 mag and an X Grip, practicing reloads means I change my grip a lot. It would be great if the P30 platform was available just a bit bigger, say about 5" in Grip length.

Would anyone think HK would release a compact version of the P30? Using USPc mags, but with the nice 'melt in your hand' feel of the P30/P30SK?

I realize a P2000 is about 5" high, but having shot one at a rental counter, the blocky shape and small mag release were not optimal for me. And it would be nice if it used the P30 sight options.

They did it with the USP Compact; that is almost the perfect carry size for me; but I like the grip on my P30SK much better.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just go back to your 10 round magazine and pick you up one of these instead:

P30sk magazine extension "V2" Still the best fitting out there!! | eBay

It makes the gun feel almost exactly like a P30

·
Registered
675 Posts
It won't. Same setup I had. It will allow a pinky grip but the bottom rear of the grip will still hit in the middle of your palm. The grip of the P30 goes the full length of the hand.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There have been many wanting a P30 compact size since the P30 came out. Who knows if HK will ever make such but I am not holding my breath on that. Maybe after they have the factory built here in the US we will see some more new models though if we are lucky but that is a ways off. The other potential problem is that the consumer is used to much lower prices on new HK models. Not sure HK would want to do that with an "P30 Compact" as it may really cut into the regular P30 sales if they plan on keeping the higher price point on it especially for 9MM. Myself I am ecstatic they came out with the P30SK and love mine with LEM also. Guess we will have to deal with our X-Grip extenders for the time being and be happy with that. I have read that some have glued them in place on the magazine to make reloads easier. Not sure what kind of glue or epoxy would work but I am sure Home Depot has something that would work.

My P30 Compact LOL.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It won't. Same setup I had. It will allow a pinky grip but the bottom rear of the grip will still hit in the middle of your palm. The grip of the P30 goes the full length of the hand.
Yeah, that's it exactly. Reloads are kind of a pain.

Which, honestly, is a bit of a moot point for a 10 round subcompact carry gun, but still.

I might have to go fat-finger a P30 in a local shop to see how the grip fits my hand. I have no problem with the 15 round mags, as long as the grip fits without too much excess for my size M hands.

Follow up question?

If anyone has a P30 and a VP9, how do you find the grip length compares? I'm interested in whether the SFA vs. hammer fired differences translates into any measurable difference in say front strap length, i.e. the distance from under the trigger guard to the forward edge of the magazine floorplate?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I might have to go fat-finger a P30 in a local shop to see how the grip fits my hand. I have no problem with the 15 round mags, as long as the grip fits without too much excess for my size M hands.
I have small hands and the grip fits fine. (I use the small grip inserts) It will probably come with the medium grips so know you can go one size smaller if need be.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yeah, that's it exactly. Reloads are kind of a pain.

Which, honestly, is a bit of a moot point for a 10 round subcompact carry gun, but still.

Follow up question?

If anyone has a P30 and a VP9, how do you find the grip length compares? I'm interested in whether the SFA vs. hammer fired differences translates into any measurable difference in say front strap length, i.e. the distance from under the trigger guard to the forward edge of the magazine floorplate?
same size
they use the same mags

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That is a P2000/USPc magazine with a flat base plate and a P2000->P2000sk X-grip. Same setup I use more or less. One of my P2000 mags has the flat baseplate and the other has the pinky extension so I have a couple options depending on my need for conceal-ability.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts