HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the little silver pin that holds the hammer spring bearing in place.

I'll pay $20, I think they go for $10...usually.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can't help you with where to get one, but if you need a temp, I found a nail in my parts pin that was the right size (actually just a tad small) that worked fine until I could get the correct roll pin. Cut it to size, round the ends and press on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call, I've been contemplating that...I'd imagine the tension would help hold it in place if it were a bit small.

Thanks for the imput oa temp.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Why don't you call up HK Cust Svc and inquire about it. They have parts that HKParts sometimes shows as out of stock.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the guys there said next shipment is four months out :|

BUT the repair debt may have one to spare...keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
+1 on calling HK. Adam hooked me up when I was in need of a part and can probably do the same for you. I find it hard to believe they don't have one sitting somewhere in the service dept.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed

+1 on calling HK. Adam hooked me up when I was in need of a part and can probably do the same for you. I find it hard to believe they don't have one sitting somewhere in the service dept.
And I literally just got two p7's from him less than a month ago...maybe that'll be worth some good will.

Thanks for all of the imput fellas...I'm reeeeally bummed out about this :(

·
Registered
818 Posts
Get the correct size of the part from HK. Then head for ACE Hardware.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've gotta ask........where's the original pin?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somewhere in the living room

I've gotta ask........where's the original pin?
Its an pain to put back in...sort of...but not like the p2000 where the hammer spring tension releases when you remove the back strap.

Embarrassed to say, damn thing shot across the room...believe me, I'd love to know too :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get the correct size of the part from HK. Then head for ACE Hardware.
I actually pictured myself attempting to walk in with the p30 to ask Ace lol...this was I panic mode

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Its an pain to put back in...sort of...but not like the p2000 where the hammer spring tension releases when you remove the back strap.

Embarrassed to say, damn thing shot across the room...believe me, I'd love to know too :)
I figured as much. Been there. I've had to wrestle a Trigger Rebound Spring from the jaws of death (Lab puppy) so I feel your pain. If it helps when you get one I've found the best way to re-assemble is to get the spring and block all lined up applying no tension. Hold everything in my left had with thumb on the block. Then put the top of the frame against my chest with what would be the muzzle pointing my right. Put the pin in the frame hole and it will sit there until you push the block (I use a punch in my right hand to push against the bottom of the block) into place. When the holes line up the pin will drop into place. You just have to make sure it doesn't drop all the way through.

I actually pictured myself attempting to walk in with the p30 to ask Ace lol...this was I panic mode
just take the block. Ace has all kinds of crap in those mystery drawers. I'm sure there's something you can get to work until HK gets you sorted out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts