HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello Forum, just got a P30 to add to my collection. Great gun, but here is the problem: when I push the slide stop to the left, it would only move slightly and then is stuck. So I applied some force by a stick with a soft end and got the slide stop out. The lever on the right-hand side got out by rotating it and pulling slightly. It seems that the trigger rebound spring protrudes about 1/3 inch to the slide stop channel and interferes with the slide stop going in and out. That is different from my P2000, where you can get the slide stop in and out easily. I read and re-read the manual (in fact, it is identical to P2000) and it does not mention anything about this. Should I remove the excess 1/3 inch of the spring or just try to bend it inward? This surely pisses me off, as all other HK pistols I got were flawless. Help!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The slide stop does not have to come out for disassembly, notice the top edge of the slide stop, it should be painted red. You just push it out until it stops and remove the slide reward. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello Forum, just got a P30 to add to my collection. Great gun, but here is the problem: when I push the slide stop to the left, it would only move slightly and then is stuck. So I applied some force by a stick with a soft end and got the slide stop out. The lever on the right-hand side got out by rotating it and pulling slightly. It seems that the trigger rebound spring protrudes about 1/3 inch to the slide stop channel and interferes with the slide stop going in and out. That is different from my P2000, where you can get the slide stop in and out easily. I read and re-read the manual (in fact, it is identical to P2000) and it does not mention anything about this. Should I remove the excess 1/3 inch of the spring or just try to bend it inward? This surely pisses me off, as all other HK pistols I got were flawless. Help!!
STOP! HK should be slapped on the behind for not putting a separate P30 field strip instruction insert in the Operator's Manual that came with your gun instead of confusing folks by referring to the P2000. I understand that they will start doing. The left side lever is designed to come out only about a third of the way. The right side is not designed to come out at all although it can. For field stripping there is no need to touch it. Once the left side lever is out a third of the way, the slide can easily be slid off the frame. I went through this myself.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
STOP! HK should be slapped on the behind for not putting a separate P30 field strip instruction insert in the Operator's Manual that came with your gun instead of confusing folks by referring to the P2000. I understand that they will start doing. The left side lever is designed to come out only about a third of the way. The right side is not designed to come out at all although it can. For field stripping there is no need to touch it. Once the left side lever is out a third of the way, the slide can easily be slid off the frame. I went through this myself.
Great post kraigster. . . important difference.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Now as I took both the slide stop and the right-hand side lever off, should I try to first assemble them in the frame and then put the entire frame assembly with the slide, or put the slide on and then try to assemble the slide stop and the lever with the slide on?
HK manual obviously fooled me and there is no excuse for not putting any explanation for differences between P2000 and P30. In fact, both P30 and P2000 photos are in the manual, but fully assembled, and disassembly only explains the P2000 procedure.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great post kraigster. . . important difference.
I copied and pasted at the HK USA forum. I got a message back that they do include an insert. I never got an insert with my gun and it is evident that others didn't either. Sounds though that all future P30s will have dedicated P30 field strip instructions included with the gun specifically dealing with the removal of the slide. That's good. Those that were fortunate to read the G&A Magazine's P30 review knew this beforehand. I'll have to renew my G&A subscription. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thank you! Now as I took both the slide stop and the right-hand side lever off, should I try to first assemble them in the frame and then put the entire frame assembly with the slide, or put the slide on and then try to assemble the slide stop and the lever with the slide on?
HK manual obviously fooled me and there is no excuse for not putting any explanation for differences between P2000 and P30. In fact, both P30 and P2000 photos are in the manual, but fully assembled, and disassembly only explains the P2000 procedure.
I would reinstall them back in the frame but if something doesn't look right/feel right DO NOT FORCE anything. Call H&K. Other HKPro members may have additional guidance for you. Let us know when the coast is clear.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kraigster, thanks, you saved my day! I went back and carefully bent the trigger rebound spring back roughly to its original position, then inserted the slide stop-the spring snaps into a little opening and retains the slide stop, then I pulled the slide stop about 1/4 inch, inserted the right lever into its place and pushed the slide stop all the way in. No visible damage to anything was done. I then retracted the slide stop about 1/4 inch and slid the slide assembly on top and locked it by the slide stop. Done. Phew!! :D This almost ruined my day-I even called HK CS, but the rep was not there. BTW, they are all out intil the 1st week of Jan.
Marry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
85 Posts
See what happens when you try to help a guy in need, in yourn mind yourn a thinkin, but yourn finger mispels it. When I went back and read it, it made me laugh.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Kraigster, thanks, you saved my day! I went back and carefully bent the trigger rebound spring back roughly to its original position, then inserted the slide stop-the spring snaps into a little opening and retains the slide stop, then I pulled the slide stop about 1/4 inch, inserted the right lever into its place and pushed the slide stop all the way in. No visible damage to anything was done. I then retracted the slide stop about 1/4 inch and slid the slide assembly on top and locked it by the slide stop. Done. Phew!! :D This almost ruined my day-I even called HK CS, but the rep was not there. BTW, they are all out intil the 1st week of Jan.
Marry Christmas to all!
Hess, having been in a similar situation I know the feeling. All's well that ends well. Now go enjoy that gun! :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I think that was most of us especially those that were amoung the first to get it. I can remember thinking WTF.... why won't it? Oh well, Go forth, and enjoy. It is one of the best if not the best feeling handguns ever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried disassembling mine today and could not move it far enough to the left either. Thanks for the thread.

By the way, I do not have a p30 specific insert either as the instructions included are for the p2000.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried disassembling mine today and could not move it far enough to the left either. Thanks for the thread.

By the way, I do not have a p30 specific insert either as the instructions included are for the p2000.
I hear you. I've been going to the range often with this new P30 and cleaned it thoroughly 6 times already, so assembly/dissassembly is a breeze and it all smoothed out. Did you get a warranty card with your P30? I only got a manual for P2000, as far as paperwork. HK needs to work their bugs out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys,

I put the HK30 down on layaway before reading anything about it, in gun mags, or on forums. It felt so good in my hands, and was HK so I know quality would be good, I got it.

After on layaway is when I started doing research on the pistol...mainly this forum. This forum was where I learned the slide stop wouldn't come out. When I finally got the pistol and read the manual on disassembly (I didn't have the insert) I knew it was wrong, thanks to this forum.

HKPRO, SIG Forum, Glock Talk, etc. are better than any gun mag, gun TV show, or a lot of times the gun manufacturer's CS, for getting good and reliable information on your firearms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts