HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, what is the favorite ammo of your P30? I have tried Remington green box-3 failures to chamber+3 failures to lock back/50 rounds, WWB ammo-two failures to feed out of 50, S&B 124-gr-one failure to feed out of 50, Corbon JHP-failure to feed out of 20. Fioccci JFMJ 115-gr did not give me any troubles though, except spent catridges of all of the above are thrown in my face/head.
And yes, I do know how to shoot and hold the gun. I've been doing it for the last 30 years.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My favorite so far is American Eagle 115 and 124grain. Close to 1000 rounds without a single problem. I also enjoy shooting Speer Gold Dot 124 +p as it is extremely accurate ammo through the P30. I just bought a case of Fioccci 115 grain and am looking forward to trying it out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
WWb
or Blazer.

Right now she is only target practice :)

1K no probs.

Except sometimes the box will empty and I will be out of money and bullets.

·
Registered
648 Posts
250 rounds of Remington UMC 115g
400 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115g

Not a single problem so far. Every once in a while I get casing coming back towards me instead of over my right shoulder, but most of the time they're ejecting without a problem. I even had one day where 30% of the rounds were ejecting over my shoulder right into the brass bucket :)

Just bought 3 cases of Fiocchi 115g and don't anticipate any problems with that either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies. I'll see when the total round count reaches 500 to 1000 and if problems persist, I will test waters with the HK CS. Federal Eagle and Fiocci are too expensive in our area, but I ordered a case of CCI Blazer.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've not had any issues with WWB, UMC (Remington) Federal 115/124 (fav) or independence 115. for practice the Fed and Independence are my favorite.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use my reloads for training and practice with the P30 (115gr Precision Delta bullets) loaded to max pressures...

For carry, I use Cor-Bon 115gr DPX as my first choice and the spare mags are loaded with either Federal HST or Winchester LE Only 127gr +P+...

As a side note, no problems whatsoever with the P30...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
250 rounds of Remington UMC 115g
400 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115g

Not a single problem so far. Every once in a while I get casing coming back towards me instead of over my right shoulder, but most of the time they're ejecting without a problem. I even had one day where 30% of the rounds were ejecting over my shoulder right into the brass bucket :)

Just bought 3 cases of Fiocchi 115g and don't anticipate any problems with that either.
How much did you pay for the Fiocchi?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Shot alot of WWB through my relatives at the range, not a single malfunction of any kind. His carry ammo is Speer Gold Dot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually sent you a PM yesterday with the link to where I got the Fiocchi.
Javic, thanks for the link. Haven't seen the PM yet. I will try ordering Fiocci. I have shot a box of Fiocci and that is the only ammo that has not given me any trouble. I will get lots of CCI Blazer soon-other members said it should work OK.
Boy, I sure wish the P30 was problem-free, like the P2000 I have. That one is stone-cold reliable as a Glock with any ammo.
The P30 feels better in the hand though, that is true. BTW, mags from P30 work in P2000 without any problems. I wonder if there is any grip extension for the P2000 to fit P30 mags precisely.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I actually sent you a PM yesterday with the link to where I got the Fiocchi.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=330641&pn=1

I also just returned from the range, where I put another 250 American Eagle and 50 Fiocchi through the P30 with zero issues. That brings my total round count to 950 with no problems.
Sorry I missed your name here from your PM. I went to the local WallyW to buy a case of CCI Blazer Brass. All they had left where 15 boxes. So I bought them all. I put 4 boxes in my range bag. As soon as I have enough money safed I'm buying the P30. So Far I have $600. To bad I can't buy one new for that price. :44:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm thinking the problem might just be that everything is a little stiff right now. It should probly loosen up pretty soon.

My reasoning is that the Fiocchi red box stuff is hotter than just about anything we get in the US. The Fiocchi blue box is made in the US, so it's a little softer shooting, and is more in line with the norm.

I have a feeling that after a few hundred rounds of the Fiocchi red box, just about anything should feed and eject just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts