HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had done a search on broken firing pin just to see what would come up.

I had just gone to the V4 FPBS on my P30 and did not look down the rolling pin hole before inserting the roll pin. I pulled the rolling pin out of there once I realized there was some resistance that I should not be seeing. All of the broken firing pin threads and posts are about the older USP's or I should say the older USP firing pin. However just wondering if there is a way to check my P30 firing pin for damage or if I should just replace it as a matter of course.

I put some notes in my post after doing the install hoping to provide folks with enough info so that they avoid any potential damage to the firing pin while reinserting the roll pin after changing the FPBS.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since you're asking how to check it, or if you even should, I'm going to say that you should.

I hope this doesn't come across as mean, as that isn't my intention: if you have to ask how to inspect it, you probably can't have it explained to you over the web.

I will ask another question, though. How many new roll pins were used in this replacement? Based on what you've said so far, it should have been two. Once you've started driving one in, you shouldn't re-use it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used two. I had purchased spares. There were no marks of any kind on the first one but I just was not sure about it and I already had spares. I have already purchased a new firing pin and firing pin spring just in case. It is not here as yet but will be next week.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had to guess regarding the firing pin...it would have to be removed and any abrasion, deformity, bruise, bend or what-have-you laterally across the pin would have to e considered cause to replace. If I had already removed the firing pin I could not find a good reason to put the same one back in unless I could convince myself that there was nothing of the sort and that just sounds like more trouble than it is worth when one could simply install a new firing pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts