HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a p30 for idpa and I would like to know if I should go for the longslide version or the standard slide. I understand that p 30 l has the advantage of having a longer site radius but I've also heard people say it feels very unbalanced compared to the standard slide. Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK P30L it is. I guess I'll be using it in V1 then. Now my next question is what is "proper" set up for the side panels on the P30. I hear many P30 competition shooters use two different sizes of side panels on their pistol. For example the right side panel is med and the left is small. So I guess my question is "ideally" should a right handed shooter (like myself) have the smaller panel on the right or left.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
OK P30L it is. I guess I'll be using it in V1 then. Now my next question is what is "proper" set up for the side panels on the P30. I hear many P30 competition shooters use two different sizes of side panels on their pistol. For example the right side panel is med and the left is small. So I guess my question is "ideally" should a right handed shooter (like myself) have the smaller panel on the right or left.
The joy of the P30 is that there is no "right" answer for grip panels. Play around with them and find out what feels and shoots best for you. What works great for the Pros, may not work at all for you. Take a punch to the range and swap them out between mags until you find the perfect combo. Remember, what FEELS the best may not SHOOT the best for you, and what shoots best is what is important.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
With the Experts being available again, that is the better choice. Replacing safety/decock with a single sided one, so it fits the stupid box.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i would disagree w/ that. the expert's recoil spring setup slows it down. you could ask anyone who shot professionally for HK about this. I use a USPt for competition faced w/ the same issue.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Remember, what FEELS the best may not SHOOT the best for you, and what shoots best is what is important.
This is truth. When I started messing with grip panels and back straps I went with all smalls which felt best due to having smaller hands. Once I started messing with them I found out that what worked best downrange was a combination that I would have never guessed based on feel. I think I'm running MD back, S left and L right and shoot right handed. I think it worst for me because the L right panel fills my palm better. It doesn't help with weak hand but I haven't met anyone yet that's happy with how they shoot weak hand. Like Chad said though, everyone will be different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts