HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud recipient of a new P30 from my family. I cleaned it last night after putting a few rounds through it. I noticed when the slide is removed from the frame and the FP is pushed from the rear, it will stay in that position until the FP stop is pushed down. I then assembled the gun and cocked the hammer. When the FP is pushed in, it does not automatically spring back out when released until the slide is racked. Only then does it return to the firing position. I performed the same functions on my P2000 and the internal firing pin spring pushed the FP back out to firing position instantly as the rear of the FP is released. No racking is required to pop it back out. I could not speak to anyone at HK due to holiday closing. Please check your guns and tell me if this is normal or do I have a broken FP?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The firing pin in my USP 40 sticks like what you've described, my USP 45 does not. I have taken it apart, cleaned/lubed it, put it back together, it still does it. I've never had a round not go off so I'm not worried.:confused:

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Perfectly normal, with new fing pin design. You can push it into firing bin safety, but not past the safety. However it stays here becouse safety now hold pin by friction. When you depress firing pin safety, even slightly, pressure is removed and firing pin goes back. Works on my P30 and Expert .40. On P2000SK firing pin does not "lock" like that.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your input. Montrala, the input you gave earlier last month was "right on the mark". I am enjoying it very much. All you said about the P30 is true.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Thanks guys for your input. Montrala, the input you gave earlier last month was "right on the mark". I am enjoying it very much. All you said about the P30 is true.
Always glad to help anyway I can, if I can :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts