HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to take my p30's slide to get cerakoted, and i figured while i am at it, i might as well have the fading safety levers cerakoted. just seeing if anyone knew how to go about getting them out. i see the tiny roll pins, do those just need to be removed?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the NP3 look but i'm going with burnt bronze cerakote. The color just looks amazing in person.

Here's a picture of friend of mine's burnt bronze lwrc spr for color reference

·
Registered
270 Posts
Robar does a finish similar to that now. The only Robar finish I've seen in person is NP3+, and it's frickin beautiful. I trust any of their finishes to look and perform to any higher standard. From what I've seen and what I've read, Robar is the best choice under any circumstance.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Pictures are going to be a must once it is finished! Looking forward in seeing the finished product :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Please, do some before and after pics!

I think that burnt bronze is goin to look pretty sweet! Can wait to check it out!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am having my SR25 ECC done in burnt bronze as we speak. I saw a Legion Arms 1911 in that color and it was game over. Your pistol will look amazing.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See thats what i'm talking about. The color has to be seen in person to do it justice. Thats why I picked the picture I posted because it mimics the look of it in person the best i've found. If you search around for pics of BB you'll notice there are variations, which I think is lighting and how well the photographer was. I've seen pics of that same rifle from another photographer and it looked completely different. But when I saw it in person I was sold, especially on such a large canvas being on an ar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a 1911 cerakoted. It's tougher than a teflon-type finish but still rubs off in high friction areas. I've had several guns plated with np3 by Robar. I've had their Roguard finish as well - tougher than some but rubbed off in 1-2 mos. on high points. NP3 is a good finish, but not as tough as hard chrome. I've had NP3 on a 1911 for 10 months now - it's scratched up from carrying in a smooth leather holster and has speckled shiny spots where it's been rubbed on. NP3 cleans easier than anything I've seen.

The thing to keep in mind if you're considering the Robar route is they seemingly can't follow instructions. I sent explicit written instructions to leave my stainless match barrel bushing alone (it came back apparently nitrocarburized or something, don't know what it is) and to remove my grip screw bushings and NOT use loc-tite or anything else when re-installing them. They came back loc-tited. I also didn't end up getting the monthly special I'd applied the code for and written on my form, and had to wrangle back and forth with them for a week or two to get the special. One plus is they do have a decent warranty - when the Roguard I had on one gun came off after a month they re-did the gun in NP3.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts