HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Gray Guns short reset kit in my new P30 and hit the range today. The SA is nice, but the DA is heavy. What can I do to lighten the DA but not the SA?

I have a LEM kit on order to try out, so it may be a moot point.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You should test it at the range, yes. Though I and others have used them without issue. The hammer spring change does not affect SA pull.

gunsprings site is one of the hardest to navigate. I'm looking for the right link for you now.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
No light strikes? Wouldn't that lighten the SA as well?
The 10lb hammer spring does lighten the SA pull also.
I got a 4.8oz drop in SA & a 1lb 9.2oz drop on the DA pull with only the 10lb hammer spring.
A Nickel sear spring might smooth it out a little.
I did the GrayGuns SRS, Wolff 10lb hammer spring, & the Nickel sear spring.
My DA went from 11lb 8.7oz to 8lb 10.5oz.
SA went from 5lb 13.5oz to 3lb 10oz.

Reactions: Feuer686

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the nickel sear spring, and a 10lb spring from hkparts. Wasn't going to use it as the SA pull is fine, but will give it a try.

How would a 10lb hammer spring affect the LEM kit?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the nickel sear spring, and a 10lb spring from hkparts. Wasn't going to use it as the SA pull is fine, but will give it a try.

That I don't know. That may be a whole different kettle of fish.

I haven't measured my SA pull, but am doubtful it was affected.

·
Registered
148 Posts

What is the part number for the nickel sear spring? Woll that part work in a P2000sk? Thanks🙏

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
What is the part number for the nickel sear spring? Woll that part work in a P2000sk? Thanks🙏
Part # 215691
Yes, it will work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installed the Gray Guns short reset kit in my new P30 and hit the range today. The SA is nice, but the DA is heavy. What can I do to lighten the DA but not the SA?

I have a LEM kit on order to try out, so it may be a moot point.
Hmm. You might regret mucking with your P30’s trigger. HK designed it that way; now you’re stuck. If you ever want a second, or need to replace your existing P30, you’ll need to spend more money, and go through the same process.

I just learned to work with my P30’s stock trigger. It’s fine.

No criticism intended. It’s your weapon, so do what you want.

Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HK made the trigger heavy for legal reasons and so it would work when abused. Dont know why you think its permanent, can be reversed as easily as it was put in.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hmm. You might regret mucking with your P30’s trigger. HK designed it that way; now you’re stuck. If you ever want a second, or need to replace your existing P30, you’ll need to spend more money, and go through the same process.

I just learned to work with my P30’s stock trigger. It’s fine.

No criticism intended. It’s your weapon, so do what you want.

Cheers.
I found my P30s stock triggers smoothed out well after a couple thousand rounds, last time I checked DA was a bit over 10 lbs and SA was a shade over 4 (it's been a while since I checked, those numbers are what I recall. I use a Wheeler digital trigger gauge).

Each to their own, personally I don't find the stock triggers once broken in all that bad, same goes for my V1 HK45s

·
Registered
36 Posts
HK made the trigger heavy for legal reasons and so it would work when abused. Dont know why you think its permanent, can be reversed as easily as it was put in.
I don’t believe it’s permanent, but you still needed to send it away to Gray Guns to have the work done.

As I wrote - not my circus, not my monkey.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats a negative, the Grayguns short reset kit is user dropin. GGI is well known for their impeccable work and reliability. I wouldn't pay that much for what I can mostly do myself, but I would trust their work 100%.

ETA- You seem inexperienced or dont understand how these pistols work, and what you can do to them while retaining reliability.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yet you posted anyway.
Are you one of those Glock Talk types? Incapable of having a civilized conversation? Sigh. So many Rubes, so little time.

Gonna report me to the mods now? Poor baby.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Buy those captain of crush grip trainers. I've been using them and progressively upping my grip strength and now I think the p30's DA pull is kinda light lol.

Grip strength is everything imo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I haven't done the SRS kit on my P30s, because I haven't felt the need. However, I did replace the hammer spring and the firing pin block spring and it lightened the trigger up significantly, while still maintaining reliability (100% so far, even with ****ty steel ammo). The sear spring is the next thing I plan on doing and it should be closer to my Sig Legion and my LTT tuned Beretta.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts