HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a USP9F and a USP45 Tactical and both were excellent guns. My only complaint was that the grips were blocky and didn't fit my hand all that well.
Now with the HK45 and P30 that issue has been addressed, so I'm going to be purchasing one or both of these guns. But I have a question regarding the recoil buffer system.
I always felt that the dual spring buffer system in the USPF was more effective than the polymer buffer in the USP Compact models (in terms of reducing the frame battering). All of the testing that was done during the development of the USP was with the full size versions. I've never read anything about durability testing of the compact versions.
So, since they have the polymer buffer, I'm wondering if the P30 and HK45 will hold up to really high round counts and +P loads as well as the original USPF versions. Does anyone know what kind of testing was done on these pistols in that regard? I think the military requirements for the new joint service pistol was a minimum service life of 20,000 rounds, and the HK45 was able to pass that, apparently. But still, I've never heard anything about that type of testing being done.
Also, it would be interesting to hear from those who have a really high number of rounds through their USP Compact. If they have held up well then that should be a good indication of what to expect of the new guns.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
There is someone on this board doing some independant testing named Greg Bell do a search for his posts and you will find a thread called break my HK45. Read some of his posts on round counts

·
Registered
616 Posts
There is someone on this board doing some independant testing named Greg Bell do a search for his posts and you will find a thread called break my HK45. Read some of his posts on round counts
I wonder if Greg is man enough to do a break my USP or USPc thread lol (Greg are you listening?)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm pretty sure the USPs and HK45/P30 all have similar projected service lives of around 20-30K rounds. A typical Glock or SIG will last just as long as any HK without such a recoil reduction system. The USP recoil buffer system also makes the pistols recoil more sporadic and difficult to shoot at high speed. Bruce Gray commented on this issue some time ago. As a matter of fact I seem to recall he made it a point to REMOVE this feature on his competition USPs when he shot for the HK pistol team. The new buffer found in the P2000/P30/HK45 is an improvement from my perspective.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The USPc has been out for over 10 years. I have not seen many or any reports of frame failures due to recoil. I think the frames whether USP, USPc, P30 or HK45 will out last 99% of their owners' rates of usage.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I wonder if Greg is man enough to do a break my USP or USPc thread lol (Greg are you listening?)
LOL, I am man enough! Send the gun and ammo and I SHALL break it!

·
Registered
616 Posts
LOL, I am man enough! Send the gun and ammo and I SHALL break it!
Somehow it doesnt carry the same risk and interest if it isnt your gun...and especially not if its my gun lol! Honestly though, I dont think you have enough free time....besides I only shoot 45 and Im just not that wealthy to finance it hehe.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Buy the ranier bullets and I will reload for u. I have used the thin buffer pads in my 1911. Some people believe that the frame and slide wont batter if u change your spring out at a decent # of Rd use. I like the added comfort of knowing its in there incase. HK has thought it was important enough for them to use, I will agree on their years of experience

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have yet to hear any failures of any USPc/P2000 variant's frame.

I seriously doubt HK would have gone with that system if they felt the other system was superior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts