HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well,. Kinda.

There is a member here that has .357sig barrels for the P30, but they are not HK barrels. I really wish HK would build a P30LS in .357sig,. But they only care about contracts that will make them money.

So don't count on it.

But yeah after my next .gov sponsored trip overseas I'll more than likely buy the P30LS in .40 only to convert it to .357sig with someone else's barrel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FWIW:

I just emailed hk parts . net, and asked the following: Which of the .357sig barrels, the P2000 or the USP will drop in to a P30 .40 for converting.
The reply was neither / none that he was aware of, P30 was a completely different animal.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
I'd buy a P30 in .357 Sig in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You and Me BOTH !

straightgrain informed me a day or so ago, that HK wasn't fond of the .357sig round. I'm sure there reasons we don't currently know, but it's been said it was due the round having feed issues in a non metal magazine, and the fact that every box .357sig bullets sold, SIG-Sauer receives royalty payments, and I suppose that may ruffle HK's feathers somewhat.

It would be interesting to test the waters on a group buy in a P30, I'd love a P30L in .357sig, but would take it in P30 if that was only option, which none are the moment. LoL.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
I would hog all over a P30 long OR short in .357 sig. Make this happen HK!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
EFK Firedragon is now making .357Sig conversion barrels to convert your .40S&W. They also make 9mm conversion barrels as well, although I've not tried one of those.

Heckler & Koch Pistol Barrels

I bought one after a nearly yearlong runaround trying to get one from IGB Industries.

The EFK barrel was drop-in on my P30, shoots great, and is accurate. The price is great as well...much less than IGB or a replacement barrel from H&K.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There are some 40 S&W rounds available that come very close to 357 Sig ballistics.
I've got 6 boxes of this stuff myself.

There are some third party P30 40-357 conversion barrels.
I personally wouldn't go for one but...
Heckler & Koch Pistol Barrels
Gold dot 155grain looks tasty too. 1200fps and 500 ft/lbs. And I would not consider an efk barrel for ccw. Factory barrel or none for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm halfway thru my trip and I already have a P30LS in 9 mike waiting for me at the local gunshop. How many pistols need to be ordered for a group buy? I'd still like to have a P30LS in .357Sig, but I am not holding my breath.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.