HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to everyone who cares....
I just got off the phone with HK LE and was told that the P30's are on there way from Germany and should be here at HK USA in 10-12 days. as always i laughed as i had been told this before but i was told 10-12 days ''no bulls#@t"!

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
the P30 was on the cover of last month's Visier magazine, if memory serves me right, they showed the compact, standard and long versions, the caption being "Obendorf's Newest" ~ they had it on the news stand rack at Nurmberg HBF, should of bought it :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interesting. This is the gun I have been waiting for. It will be my first HK. It will compliment my Remington 870 Marine Magnum for home defense and fun.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
It would be nice but excuse me if I still have my doubts. But I will remain hopeful.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks like that will be my Christmas present

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
If they actually bring them in I will go ahead and buy one even though I wasn't going too. I changed my mind when I was able to get standard cap. mags for it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What is the big deal with the P30? What separates it from the P2000 besides changable side straps and a slightly different look?

I cannot see a big difference so I am not really into it.

The HK45 is another story!

·
Registered
123 Posts
What is the big deal with the P30? What separates it from the P2000 besides changable side straps and a slightly different look?
I agree. At best, it's a marginal evolution of the P2000. The P30L, on the other hand, is a much bigger deal because it is a USPf-size with a lower profile and greatly improved ergonomics. It's interesting that HK chose to release the compact version before the full-size one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
well I personally look forward to the P30. One of my gripes with the P2000 was that I sometimes lose grip on the pistol during rapid fire. I'm hoping those side panels will give me a better grip. Plus 2 more rounds is nice

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still see no real benefit over the P2000 or for that matter, over the USP. Same thing with a different appearance.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I disagree. I love the P2000 (see my sig line). But the P30 is a nice evolution of the P2000. I love the fact that H&K continues to develop their pistol line. Frankly, it is usually HK that comes up with the innovations, then everybody else follows. One of the few things that they didn't come up with in the last 20 years was the rear adjustable grip insert (Walther). But the P30 has improved ergonomics over the already great P2000. It has additional capacity and an improved mag release. I may buy one for competition shooting since my P2000's capacity is too low.

I agree about the P30L being interesting too though. \

·
Registered
206 Posts
I disagree. I love the P2000 (see my sig line). But the P30 is a nice evolution of the P2000. I love the fact that H&K continues to develop their pistol line. Frankly, it is usually HK that comes up with the innovations, then everybody else follows. One of the few things that they didn't come up with in the last 20 years was the rear adjustable grip insert (Walther). But the P30 has improved ergonomics over the already great P2000. It has additional capacity and an improved mag release. I may buy one for competition shooting since my P2000's capacity is too low.

I agree about the P30L being interesting too though. \
+1

It's great that they are attempting to make an ergonomic gun even better with the P30 and the side panels. My P2000 is my favorite gun but I see the p30 outdoing it.

Longer barrel & sight radius
+2 rounds
side grip panels
P99 style mag release (the USP/P2000 mag release keep rubbing my middle finger raw)

Now the one and only other thing I would like to see improved is the reset :(

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
NOt to detract from the evolution portion of this thread, but wasn't the P30 designed and built to fill a specific German Gov. contract? I am not saying HK does not continue to improve their designs, because they do, but really this handgun was built to fill a large contract. Consequently, we are able to purchase the firearm. Same goes for the HK45, although that potential contract fell through, the R&D had been done so now HK looks to recoup some $$$ through civilian sales...... Now that being said, I don't agree with Corporate HK's way of thinking, seems to me they would want to make $$$ and would push civi sales, but that is a whole other conversation.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts