HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 P30 and am questioning my memory because I don't seem to have the mag loader thingy although the factory box and foam has the perfect spot for one cut. It would be against my nature to separate an accessory like this from the gun itself and I really don't recall ever seeing one.

When I look at new listings for P30s, I do see the plastic mag loader in the box.

Was there ever a time when they weren't included? Have I just misplaced the thing?

Unlike Glock mags (very stiff), I've never felt that not using one was an issue with P30 mags.

Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a P30L I bought years ago new that had the cutout for the magazine loader, but no loader was included. Luckily, a nice fellow had a spare he gave me.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
You really don’t need a mag loader with HK P30/VP9 mags.

Until you slip and put a huge gash in your thumb just before the class shoot off in a Gunsite 499…

·
Registered
53 Posts
every time I use the mag loader I mess it up. Like the rounds go in wrong then I get a misdeed. I know it’s user error

·
Registered
25 Posts
every time I use the mag loader I mess it up. Like the rounds go in wrong then I get a misdeed. I know it’s user error
Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Just can't get the hang of it unless I go really slowly. Maybe just 3 decades of muscle memory doing it the old way.

·
Registered
"The Fraternal Twins"
331 Posts
This too seems like an item that has always eluded Me..
I was lucky & got a nice Gent to send Me one on the house..

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I always use them for my HK and Glock mags. Super fast and easy (for me?) to load up 10-12 mags and be done. I never used them for my classic Sig, Beretta or Browning high cap mags. They are quite easy to thumb load straight out of the box. Same goes for 1911 mags, a total breeze.

On the other hand, there is a special place in Hell for the guy who designed Ruger MKI and MKII .22lr mags...

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I’ve never used the HK magazine loader, I just wanted the gun case contents to be complete. I use a Maglula UpLULA for loading magazines.
Same here, must have for high volume loading of magazines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts