HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P30L V1 that's a few years old. The mag. paddle sticks up above the trigger guard and rubs my finger something fierce. But on my relatively new P30SKS the paddles are more sculpted and follow the lines of the trigger guard ... my finger does not "hit" on the paddle.

Is this something that HK has changed? Is a more sculpted paddle available as a replacement?

If not guess I've got to build up the courage to use emory cloth.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PICS? also, is there a difference when the mag is inserted or not?
Pictures after my phone is replaced ... it didn't survive a canoe trip.

Strangely enough, the paddle rises on the SKS when the magazine is removed ... I had not noticed that. The P30L seems to move with/without the mag. inserted also ... but still protrudes up with the mag. inserted?

·
Registered
674 Posts
The paddles on my P30 stick up above the trigger guard until a mag is inserted and then they are flush.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The mag release on my P30's only stick upwards above the trigger guard when there is no mag in the pistol. Which of course is normal.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it is really bothering you, I have had good luck using some ultra fine (400 grit first then 1000 for final finish) to sand down the polymer on polymer frame guns and mag releases in the past. After you sand it, it will look a little chalky, but if you then wipe some silicone spray over it, it will look just like factory and stays that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts