HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new mainspring for my P30 from HKParts. I have a V2 LEM. I converted it to V1. I then decided that I wanted to try the Todd Green Special by putting my V2 TRS back in and changing the mainspring to the V3 DA/SA one.

I got it today, swapped out TRS, tried the trigger pull. I then swapped the new mainspring in. I couldn't tell much difference if any. The new V3 spring is significantly longer than my LEM spring. It is also smaller in diameter. I would expect a different profile for a different spring weight, but what about the length?

Did I get the right one? It was just in a clear plastic bag with no writing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checked against the website. Looks like I got the right spring.

I put the V2 hammer spring back in and changed the TRS back to light LEM. I'm done with it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The V3 (DA/SA) hammer spring is lighter than the original one in your V2/V1 P30.
V1 is 4.5 lbs and V-TGS is 6.1 lbs. You should feel a little heavier pull, but sometimes it's hard to tell. A Lyman gauge will be your best bet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The V3 (DA/SA) hammer spring is lighter than the original one in your V2/V1 P30.
V1 is 4.5 lbs and V-TGS is 6.1 lbs. You should feel a little heavier pull, but sometimes it's hard to tell. A Lyman gauge will be your best bet.
Didn't have a guage handy but my hope was that by changing the TRS back to V2 and changing the hammer spring to V3 I would have a normal V2 takeup that broke just a hair over V1. This definately didn't feel the case. I didn't even try it with the V3 HS once I put the V1 TRS back in. It didn't need to be any lighter than with the regular HS and light FPBS and TRS. Not for me anyway.

One good thing, I can now change the TRS once the gun is stripped just about as fast as I can field strip it. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts